Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Head

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 03:39 AM
356rider
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fat Head

Yes, that's me. It's almost impossible to find any hat or helmet that fits. I would venture to guess that I am in the top 0.1% of the population in regards to that part of my anatomy. I sometimes wonderthat since I am blessed with being on the extreme end of the size bell curve in somethng, why couldn't it have been in another important part of my anatomy instead! Who said life is fair anyway.

I live in CA which is a helmet state. Aside from pulling out the liner in a XXXL novelty helmet or wearing a half helmet that just sits on top of my head (been doing both for years), I'm trying to find a vendor who makes a good quality 3/4 or full helmet which is BIG... like 8 3/8. Also, just because a helmet says a certain size like XXL or XXXXL, that doesn't mean squat so if you have a BB head and have only heard or seen of large helmets, no reply is necessary. I'm looking for fellow fat heads out there who have already gone through the agonizing searchand have found a good quality jumbo helmet. Help!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:35 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fat Head

I take a size 8 1/4 fitted hat, so I feel your pain.

I wear an ACC Carbon Fiber non- dot helmet size XXL.......and it's actually a bit large on me. That is the only helmet I could find that looked good and fit good. Bell has their "King-Head" line of helmets, and they make a 1/2 helmet that fits also. It's DOT approved and I think it cost me like $150......I just don't like it because it makes you look like Kazoo from the Flintstones.

Steve

Old 05-24-2007, 12:08 PM
old.gezr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a size 8+. For a baseball typecap I buy from www.bighatstore.com . Good quality. Then buy a patch from Harley and my wife sews it on. I end up with a custom cap cheaper than the ones Harley sells. For a helmet, I'm going to order a DOT helmet from ACC as they are custom made one at a time just for you. Pricey and it takes time but I live in Northern Nevada and gotta wear a hemet. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer

Just call me MELLON HEAD! Hey I wear a Fulmer helmet, I have a couple of them they go up to 4X and they fit good. I hate putting on a nasty sweaty helmet day after day so I switch my back and forth.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Just do a Search online for Big Head Helmets, I found a Full Modular 4X that is Nice

Old 05-24-2007, 07:59 PM
hoodz
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

I take a size 8 1/4 fitted hat, so I feel your pain.

I wear an ACC Carbon Fiber non- dot helmet size XXL.......and it's actually a bit large on me. That is the only helmet I could find that looked good and fit good. Bell has their "King-Head" line of helmets, and they make a 1/2 helmet that fits also. It's DOT approved and I think it cost me like $150......I just don't like it because it makes you look like Kazoo from the Flintstones.

Steve
hey steve,don't you look like kazoo even without the helmet? hey, what's goin on?I got the week off for laconia give me a call if you want to go up for a day...............hoodz

Old 05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

I too suffer from Kazooism! I hate my half helmet and woudl kill to find one that fits right.