Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about how auto tune works on FP3

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 04:39 PM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
I have an FP3 and a full Rush system. When I started out I only had the Big Louie's and AC with stock headers. First map I ran was the VH twin slash rounds with stock headers map. Worked great. I put my 7017HO headers on first part of the week and was told to run dresser duals w/hi output slip ons for the new map. Ran almost a full tank through yesterday evening and it's doing well so far, does have a tiny bit of decal pop around 2k-2500. I have not adjusted for development pop yet and I will play with throttle progressivity. I'm going to run 1 more tank through before I change any settings or start an autotune session on it.

With your catless headers you may want to give the dresser dual maps a look.
Thanks. I was thinking something like the twin slash rounds or the big ovals. I'll ask VH what they say, too..!

Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by scooper321
Perfect! Thank you! That's the sort of information I was wondering about, and I appreciate the detail! I didn't realize that auto tune didn't alter the AFR table. So it IS important to start with one that properly corresponds to your bike. If you play with the decel pop settings, will that change the AFR at low or zero throttle entries? Or will it just alter the decel enleanment table? I know, I'm getting techie here...

One thing that I definitely like about the FP3 vs other options is that it USES the O2 sensors - it doesn't ignore them or have you remove them. A closed-loop tuner like this HAS to be more effective than an open loop one.
Sorry I missed your reply and question until today.
The decel pop adjustment enriches your 20kPa and lower from about 1,500 RPM to 4,000 RPM. Throttle position isn't used although that definitely affects your kPa of course.
I agree with you about closed loop however the FP3 only recognizes narrow band O2's as opposed to other brands accepting wide band too.