Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cager's & Motorcycle's

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
harleybuilder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cager's & Motorcycle's

We were riding on a poker run last weekend, about 20 of us riding togather in the proper stagerd line. im in the very end of the line when i notice a full size truck pulling a 16 foot trailer come up behind us rather close, i start thinking to myself that this "fool" is going to try and pass this whole line of bikes at some point. Sure enough about a mile later he see's a straight away and i hear the motor on his truck rev up and see him in my mirror whip in to the other lane, i immediately roll on the throttle and pull in to the other lane and start flashing my brakes lights to him, at this point he gets the idea and backs off and pulls back in, this time he stays about 2 car links behind us until we make our next stop. What i done, i will admit was not the smartest move in the world but i just could not see letting the fool taking a chance on killing some of my friends because he wanted to run 70 while we was going 65.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

This one really sticks in my craw; Why do cagers, when entering a highway, think that YIELD means MERGE? They are going to step on the gas and find a spot to get on no matter who they cut off. I always try to keep out of the right lane when I know a on-ramp is approaching.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:08 PM
B dog
Banned

ORIGINAL: swomack

1. Illegals will run your A$$ over!
2. DumbA$$es on cell phones will run your A$$ over!
3. Punk kids phucking with their radios will run your A$$ over!
4. Idiots on crotch rockets are pi$$ing everybody off and make them want to run your A$$ over!

My 7 yr old had his window down the other night and some Pr!ck on a crotch rocket pulled up beside us on the wrong side of the road and revved it right as he passed my sons window. It scared my kid and hurt his ears so bad he cried all the way home. If I'd been in my truck I would have been one of these cagers saying "I' didn't see him!"

I think you've got a point. I see a lot of metric or sport bikes, which are really fast, ALWAYS splitting lanes or breaking the law in one way or another. They run through trafic like batts out of hell. Then here come the slower Harleys and its fun time for the cagers.

Just in my case alone in three years.
1. I won a judgement for $3800 because a dumbass decided he wanted to run my bike over and i didn't let him. He chased me down and before i could get off my bike He and his friend pushed us over.
2. Had to call the law over a young 18 year old trying to run us over. When the law got there all they did was warn the girl. I told the cop they tried to run us over and that was attempted murder. He said until they do its no big deal and nothing they can do.
3. Had a lady and her PLAYER boyfriend rip in front of us and slam on breaks causing me to lock my bike up and I almost lost it. three other cars seen it and the law was called out. again they didn't even go talk to the woman.
4. Punk PLAYER seen us coming and pulled out in front of us and stopped. We slamed on breaks and went into the median. Three cars almost hit that time.
5. A friend and myself were going to the outpost and a car flat out pulled right in front of us and my friend didn't make it and slamed into the bitch. I ask her what her issue was and WHY. She responded with this. KISS MY *** YOU LOW LIFE BIKER. My friend was hauled off to the hospital . Once again the cops did nothing.
6. Was in Panama this year enjoying the rally. We were trying to get in the four lane to go to the motel when a car slamed on breaks and ran the front biker over. I mean ran him over bike and all. We ask her what was her problem and she said she was afraid the car on the left was going to bump her new car so she thought the bike wouldnt hurt her bumper. the guy had a broke leg and his bike was totaled. She didnt like it when the police told her his bike was worth $60.000 and she was charged with neglagents and failure to control her car.
7. We were going down the interstate coming home from a bike rally . this guy pulls up beside us and thinks its funny to ride beside us so i speed up. so does he. We got up to 100 plus and he still was right beside me so i slowed down to 50. He did to. then he started to come over and pushed me to the curb and laughed and drove off.

Now this is just me in a little length of time. Why can't people who try to kill a biker be charged with attempted murder ? Do i have to be dead before they do anything ?? ??????

Old 05-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bdog, are you friggin kidding me? All this happened to you? Where do you live? I want to stay far away. [sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=wtf.gif]

Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
beemer737
Tourer

Drive like your invisible, I like that.

As for motorcycle riders, those over in Europe make our crazy crotch rocketriders look like kids. They do all that crazy in packs of 50 or more at 100mph plus.

One thing for European cagers, they do see bikers....

Old 05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I live and ride in Nothern Ca - just rode to Lake Tahoe and Reno over the weekend.. been riding the past 12 years - I really do not see any difference on the roads here... What I do see is a Lot more young people on Very fast crotch rockets and I am sure they **** people off - a lot of them here split lanes at very high speeds and will split lanes at traffic lights when there are only a few cars - they pull up Fast and take off fast - Now splittin lanes in Ca is legal if done is a "Safe" manor - and that deffiniton is left up to the LEO. I have found, If I behave and just enjoy the road - I have Not experenced any of the above problems... Not to say that won't change tomorrrow.. just my opinion and experence on the roads...

Old 05-24-2007, 10:47 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

ORIGINAL: RKCUSTOMDOG

I AGREE WITH ALL POSTS, THERE ARE GOOD AND BAD DRIVERS/RIDERS OF MOTORCYCLES AND ALL OTHER VEHICLES. ONE THING I DO WHEN COMING UP ON A VEHICLE THAT YOU CAN ALMOST FEEL IS GOING TO PULL OUT IN FRONT OF YOU FROM A SIDE STEET OR WHATEVER, WHEN THEY DON'T, I NOD MY HEAD OR RAISE MY FINGERS [ NOT A WAVE BUT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ] OF THANKS. WHO KNOWS, IT MIGHT NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING, BUT I NOTICE SOME NOD OR WAVE BACK. THEY ARE PROBABLY BIKERS IN A CAGE. STILL, CAN'T HURT. DOG.

Why are your Yelling at us???

Old 05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
B dog
Banned

ORIGINAL: Hardly Dangerous

Hey bdog, are you friggin kidding me? All this happened to you? Where do you live? I want to stay far away. [sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=wtf.gif]
I live in Pensacola. I travel a lot with this new bike and I have to say when I leave this area and go north the ATTIUDE seems to leave. I sdon't know what it is here . I do know theres a lot of kids and C-Phones. People just don't care for others anymore.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 AM
hogdoc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really dont think it has to do with hatred towards bikers, I think its just that everybody has become impatient, self centered, cell phone talking, get out of my way I am more important that you AHOLES and they dont care whats in thier way. Ive been cut off, brakes slammed on, had my a$$ riden and disregarrded as not there just as many times in my Suburban with 6" lift and 35" tires as on the bike and in the wifes Jeep Liberty. Your just in THIER way.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

Riding is almost more of a chore here in SW FLA, rather than pleasure anymore. Too many cagers, talking on the cell phone and not paying attention. I even saw a guy text messaging someone while driving the other day.[/align][/align]Riding is a calculated risk at best - Keep the shinny side up[/align]

Quick Reply: Cager's & Motorcycle's