Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII + Big Sucker solved my pinging problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 AM
mhutch2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII + Big Sucker solved my pinging problem

Thanks to all you who've posted information about the PCIII. As a result of reading all the threads I was finally convinced to make the mod. I gotta say that so far it's solved my pinging problems and the motor seems to be running cooler. I also noticed that I no longer have any popping when I deaccelerate. I'm totally pleased with the set up. To make it even better I got a good/great deal on both items via ebay. I bought the PCIII for $165 and the Big Sucker (from Eastern Performance) for $80. Way better than the $500 the stealer wanted for the stage 1 download and SE air cleaner. Anyway,thanks again.

The only problem I have now is that I find myself being less that truthful to my wife about what I'm doing to the bike and how much I'm spending. For instance, tonight when I was installing the PCIII and a/c she came out to the garage and asked what I was doing. I answered "installing an a/c and ignition module". She said "what for?" Well, I commented about how it would solve our engine problems and make the bike run better. To which she promptly said "it runs fine like it is. I hope you didn't spend much causeit probably won't make any difference". And I said ------ nah, less than the cost of a good meal!

Anyone ever find yourself in my situation?