Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Roadglide Special seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:54 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 Roadglide Special seats

Guys,

I just traded the softtal for the Road Glide. I need a seat that sits me low but not forward. I tried the sundowner but it's too high/wide. The reach was the most uncomfortable seat I've ever been on, way too far forward. So what I want is a seat that is comfortable for me and my lady, low and doesn't move me forward of where the stock seat places me. Btw I'd keep the stock seat but my lady needs a little more cushion for comfort on long rides.

Thanks,
Bob.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

I just put a stock ultra seat on mine. It has a HUGE passenger pillion, but it does rais you up about 2". It is slightly closer but not by much.

I feel it's pretty comfy.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:32 AM
mpr3369
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Get your seat modified by mcc. They can do exactly what you want.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:37 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,858 Likes on 11,568 Posts

Yep ^^^^ MCC did the mods on my seat, 6 maybe7 years ago.
May not be the most attractive seat out there, but I don't give a
ratsass because it's comfort I'm after.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:25 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

Thanks guys. I did speak to MCC and thy can lower the Sundowner I bought a claimed 2". Never really thought about modifying the stock seats pillion. Is that an option? I actually really like the stock seat as is when riding solo but momma needs more cushion for the 200+ mile rides. I'll call MCC Monday and ask.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:10 PM
mpr3369
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They can adjust rider and passenger pillions on your stock seat. Check out their website or as you said call Monday. Good luck.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mpr3369
Get your seat modified by mcc. They can do exactly what you want.

Who is 'mcc' ?? I used a Ultra take off as well when my wife has to ride with me along with the tour pack. It's so much more comfortable than the stock seat, I want to buy another and have the pylon shaved or cut off for when the tour pack isn't on.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:05 AM
HOGBOB
Tourer

MCC = Mean City Cycles. Their out of NC and are known for custom seat modifications. I've never done business with them but I've read a lot of positive comments about them. If height weren't an issue I'd run the sundowner as is. I like to be flat footed with a little knee bend which is where the stock seat gets me. I have two options, send a seat to MCC or buy an aftermarket seat that does what I want.

The following users liked this post:
Afishinado (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 08:49 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

I run a hammock seat. Sits low enough and not forward at all. Don't remember the difference from my stock seat. It was only on 15 miles. Without the wife is run a saddleman solo. It sits me up an inch and sucks for long rides.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I went through the seat gambit with my 2009 Road King. Factory seat was good for about 30 min.

Next was a Sundowner, good for about an hour.

The next seat was a Corbin Classic solo. I could go a full tank of gas with no problems and keep going after that. But! the wife hated the passenger pad.

Next, I figured if the classic solo was good so I'd try the Corbin Touring Seat. While the wife was happier with this seat I hated it.

I decided to try the Harley Hammock, This seat worked very well for both of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On month after the release of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra I scheduled a test ride and I loved the bike. The only thing negative was the seat. I felt like I was riding on a beach ball. Very high, and very close to the controls.

I made the purchase, and had the dealer do a few mods. I had a set of new zero mile Enforcer wheels and tires which I had purchased to go on the King. I had them install along with chrome fork lowers and black cow bells. This gave me a chance to remove the items off the king I wanted to keep.

The Corbin touring seat went back on the King and the hammock came off.

Picked up the new Road Glide Ultra and road it home.

Installed the items I robbed off the King, hwy pegs, floor board relocators and the Hammock seat.

Went for a ride and everything about the bike was perfect for me with this seat. Even the handle bars seem to be where they need to be.

I've been riding the bike for a year now with this combination and everything is good and the wife also very happy with the ride.

Now a couple of notes:

This is the 2009 through 2013 seat not the newest model for 2014's and up. The seat drops you about 2 inches and sets you back about 2 inches.

I added a adjustable (spring loaded) back rest. I had to do a lot of modification to the mounting to get the back rest where it needed to be to comfortable and fit the bike and seat properly.

In the end I don't feel a back rest works with this seat. The seat is designed with a suspension in it to help absorb road irregularities which makes for a very comfortable ride.

However, the back rest stays in one place while you move up and down with the seat suspension. The back rest is good as long as your riding smooth black top but on anything else it becomes annoying.

So I recommend the in hammock, but the older model seat.

Quick Reply: 2016 Roadglide Special seats