Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all V&H P/D-Monster Round owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 PM
R.Canales
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Calling all V&H P/D-Monster Round owners

Whats up guys? I have an opprotunity to purchase a package deal on some used V&H Power Duals along with some Monster Rounds. my question is what can I expect as for sound and performance from this combo? I am asking real world users. Not something I read of a biased website. I feel the PDs are comparable to just about anything out there as far as increased performance goes. My first priority is sound. The added performance is a huge plus. I also have a set of CFR's to link with the PDs. So I will have choice of which pipes to go with and probably sell what I don't like. The CFRs did not impress me with stock header. I was hoping for louder. Does anyone have any experience with pulling the baffles out of the Monster Rounds. I saw a YouTube video with that done and it sounded good. But what will that do to the performance. Will it be tuneable with out baffles.

Thanks in advance,

Rich.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:42 AM
rperk60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the set up you are looking at. The performance is outstanding. The sound is nice as well however, I think its a little tame compared to others. The rounds are a great slipon for performance but not for sound if u want loud look at a different slip on with that combo.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:17 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

You should know that some riders have lost traction due to the cover on the X pipe contacting the road on rt turns especially on a lowered bike or if the suspension compresses due to a dip.

2.) the clamp on the crossover needs to be oriented so that any excess threaded rod is not pointing down or forward- if this contacts a speed bump it can tear the exhaust off the bike or break the oil pan.

mike