Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

neutral light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
kingultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neutral light?

any one having problems with the light coming on when not in neutral? It seems to start after riding a couple hours (maybe when the bike is really hot)

Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: neutral light?

New one on me....I've been in neutral and have no light and then it comes on later. The problem is: When you take it back to the dealer it's going to work fine.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: kingultra

any one having problems with the light coming on when not in neutral? It seems to start after riding a couple hours (maybe when the bike is really hot)
I'll bet you just washed the bike recently, dry out the switch with some compressed air around the rim and warm it up too. The switch is not waterproof and when you hit it with a hose directly , it takes in water.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:44 PM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

I've read about that happening here to other riders with '07s. It's gotta have something to do with the heat affecting the switch.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had that issue, the neutral light coming on between all gear shifts up or down, it happened between 300 and 500 miles, but itdisappeared by the time I took it to the dealer for him to look at. Go figure.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:28 PM
lottinala
Tourer

same problem different light, i had my high beam light doing the same thing for about 300 miles but as soon as i took it in to get it looked at pooffffff its gone to never return so what the hell i dodnt think about it anymore till i saw this tread now im going to think abot it again thanks

Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Dog
2nd Gear

Yes I did on my 07. It seemed to only do it when it got hot. I took it to the dealer and he put in a new neutral switch. 1000 miles later and no problem

Old 05-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a similar problem with my Glide awhile back- operation of the neutral light was intermittent. Turned out to be a loose connector on the neutral switch. Maybe the fix will be the same for yours.
The switch in question is located on top of the transmission, just to the right of the starter if you're looking down from the driver's seat. It looks like an oil pressure sending unit, and it has two connectors on top of it. Pull off the connectors, clean the terminals, then put them back on & make sure they are snug.Squeeze them a bit if necessary to get atight connection on the terminal. Problem with mine was one of these connectors was a little loose & was only making intermittent contact.

Could also beyour switch is bad.

Hope you get it figured out.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Iron Pony
Advanced

Yup mine came on when the bike was hot.Three tries at the dealer but finally they replaced the switch now its ok.

Iron Pony

Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM
monkish
Road Master

07 streetglide- happened twice. both times the bike was completely dry but was pretty hot. cleared up on its own and am having 5000 mile service done as we speak. if it happens again i will replace the switch.

Quick Reply: neutral light?