Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring with your touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016 | 04:18 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Plenty of times I wish I was in the financial position to own a nice RV with a garage in the back, if I had the money I wouldn't mind having that option.

Old 08-17-2016 | 04:36 PM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 467 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
I just shake my head whenever I see baggers on a trailer-and I've heard all the excuses.'Bad back' 'not enough time' 'want to get there refreshed and enjoy my vacation' etc.Ya ride it or sell it.!
I have a trailer, not for me but for my wife. My wife loves to ride but after 6 back surgeries, including 3 fusions, she's unable to ride long distances. So shake your head all you want to but you never know the circumstances. I guess you're a better biker than I am for trailering my bike so my wife can enjoy different places. Congrats to you.

Old 08-17-2016 | 04:43 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
I just shake my head whenever I see baggers on a trailer-and I've heard all the excuses.'Bad back' 'not enough time' 'want to get there refreshed and enjoy my vacation' etc.Ya ride it or sell it.!
Tell ya what richard, when you start making my payment I'll be happy to follow your rules. Meantime suck it up and keep shaking your head. Maybe you'll shake some sense into it and see everyone's situation is not the same.

Old 08-17-2016 | 04:45 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,716 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by EricD10563
Plenty of times I wish I was in the financial position to own a nice RV with a garage in the back, if I had the money I wouldn't mind having that option.
Plenty of times I wish I was in the financial position to own a nice RV with a garage in the back and a girlfriend who loved driving it all day, everyday, if I had the money I wouldn't mind having that option.

We could do the overnight stuff, Have breakfast together and pick our next destination. At 3:00 PM she could text me where she is parked for the night. I'd be able to get there by dinner time..well mostly I could.

Come to think of it, that would work out pretty well, especially if she was willing to put in 270-300 mile days in air conditioned luxury while I suffered the tar snakes, heat, cold and rain and all the other great stuff going over every mountain pass from here to there.

Old 08-17-2016 | 04:50 PM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

Ride it like you stole it.....Glide while you ride.

Old 08-17-2016 | 06:06 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
oooooh, oooooh, is it this time again?

Old 08-17-2016 | 06:12 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
oooooh, oooooh, is it this time again?

It's not too hard to see to whom this is directed..... priceless.

Old 08-17-2016 | 06:14 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,868 Likes on 2,556 Posts

After we (the wife and I) parked the bike at the hotel in York, 5 bikers that rode all the way from Upstate NY, asked if the wife drove in a car behind me. Then asked if I drove in the rain, looking at the rode grime on the bike I said that's why we have rain gear. By the way the wives from NY drove behind the guys in a vehicle, maybe the NY bikes were built a little than mine. It's a touring bike, we tour on it.

Old 08-17-2016 | 07:32 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,245 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Blah, blah, blah...

Old 08-17-2016 | 07:48 PM
irishfootballboy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i have a trailer and i use it

when i travel i enjoy want to enjoy myself. that's the entire purpose. there is nothing enjoyable about fighting through atl traffic on a bagger in the heat, rain, etc. or even in good weather for that matter. not to mention how dangerous it is. i have some back issues and wife has a variety of health issues. we love riding but we just can't do it as long or as far as others and it be enjoyable. there are plenty of times we ride 6 or 8 hrs a day and occasionally 10. but most times that is 300-400 miles of backroads. see very little purpose in interstate except to get from a to b. if we got to pcb for bike week for 2-4 days we ride. we can pack for that. if we are on a week long vac. sure we might have some riding plans but we have a lot of stuff too and are focused on where we are going and enjoying it- so we trailer. plain and simple we ride to enjoy- there is nothing enjoyable about riding in the ice, rain, snow, 100+, 30-, night riding areas you aren't familiar with, etc. and no argument can say otherwise. does it at make you tough? nope. what it does do is increase your risk for accident and there is no amount of skill the changes that. but to each his/her own. for me i prefer to enjoy myself my way and avoid things that make my road trip, journey, or vacation less enjoyable for me and my wife. i've spent the last week talking myself out of buying a small toyhauler. we like to camp and it would offer more options. i always wonder about the rv'ers and sometimes don't see the purpose. i camp to be outside and enjoy the air and sounds. hard to do that in a rv. but i'm growing to see the convenience of the toyhauler but also know there will be times i want to enjoy good ole tent camping. same with bike, ride or trailer depending on what is best for me and wife!

Quick Reply: Touring with your touring bike