Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trippin the trip meter

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 11:11 AM
rattracer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Trippin the trip meter

Took my 16 SGS to Sturgis last week, decided to go up Pikes Peak on the way home. Bike ran perfectly, no issues withe the change in altitude or anything. On long trips, I tend to move my hands around on the bars, and it seems like I reset the trip meter 3 or 4 times. I usually reset A to zero with each tank, and leave B alone for the entire trip, but I reset B a couple of times during the trip. Does anyone else have a problem with the new location of the button on the left handlebar near the grip, or am I just a dumbass? Well, guess that may go without saying...

Old 08-16-2016, 11:14 AM
mndelrosario
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I think it is the latter of the two options

Old 08-16-2016, 11:27 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

takes work to reset this one:

perhaps you can try to use odo or R as your defaults, so that accidentally hitting the switch has no effect

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 08-16-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:49 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 517 Posts

There is no good place to put certain switches, I bumped my run/off switch to off while coasting to a red light. Only took a few seconds to figure out, but a nuisance none the less. Either you will continue to do the same thing or you will learn.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:19 PM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

My bike is new to me, first one with a trigger switch. I do find that I scroll through it at times, but don't seem to press and hold it so it zeros out the trip odo.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:31 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I do the same as you. A is for the entire trip and B for between fills.

And yes especially with gloves I inadvertently hit it. I looked at it and think I can shave some of it off with a dremel tool and gain some clearance.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

can't count all the times I've seen rush mores parked with the hazards flashing, then owners can't figure out why their security is going off.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:31 AM
rattracer
Tourer

Originally Posted by btsom
There is no good place to put certain switches, I bumped my run/off switch to off while coasting to a red light. Only took a few seconds to figure out, but a nuisance none the less. Either you will continue to do the same thing or you will learn.
I've bumped the kill switch, and seen a buddy do it a couple of times. It's weird the first time, why the hell did my bike just die? The second time, it was just, touched that damn switch again, turn it back on. Don't remember that being an issue with my old SG.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:33 AM
rattracer
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
can't count all the times I've seen rush mores parked with the hazards flashing, then owners can't figure out why their security is going off.
When I took the bike in for its first service, I bumped the hazard button when I shut the bike off. I was pressing both turn signal buttons, but it wasn't turning off. Mechanic came out, he wasn't familiar with the Rushmores, must have taken us 5 minutes to see the hazard light button.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:35 AM
rattracer
Tourer

Originally Posted by mndelrosario
I think it is the latter of the two options
Confirming what my wife tells me. Of course, her logic is I'm a dumbass for getting on the bike in the first place, so I guess her thinking would include all of us...

Quick Reply: Trippin the trip meter