Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Up With Rineharts ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:58 AM
StrGlide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What's Up With Rineharts ?

ORIGINAL: B dog

OH GOD , NOT MY HARLEY'S GOING TO TURN RED OR GOD KNOW'S WHAT COLOR. THE UV RAYES OR ITS TO HOT!!!
MY JUGS ARE BLACK. MY CASE IS BLACK THE EXHAUSE PORTS ARE BLACK THE DAM BIKE IS BLACK OH MY HO MY!
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT !!!
If the tips are turning because of heat thats a cheap paint job for sure. No matter if your running rich or lean it should hold up. **** didnt Bub thing about a Harley runing lean or rich before painting ???????

My bike is garage kept. I've got 2000 miles on the pipes. My bike is runing perfect. Had it dynoed when I bought it and installed the air and pipes with PCIII..,....... SO WHATS THE EXCUESE NOW BUB?

How about a public statement. come on. Please tell us your tips cant handle UV rayes. PLEASE. Or it can't handle the heat. Or just maybe YOU SCREWED UP and are going to use another system to paint or powder coat your tips. HELLO !!!!
The end caps are made from billet aluminum, and they are anodized not painted or powdercoated.The discoloration is a by-product of excess heat. Just because you have an air cleaner and PCIII doesn't mean it's set up correctly. Even a well tuned bike can get stuck in traffic. Next thing you'll be complaining to the DOT that it's their fault because you couldn't keep moving. There are plenty of Rinehart end caps in service that haven't discolored. Get your bike properly tuned and your problems will go away.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 AM
StrGlide
Tourer

Eastern Performance Cycles, a sponsor of HDF, sells their own line of chrome or black powdercoated end caps in different styles.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:04 AM
StrGlide
Tourer

ORIGINAL: simcom

Stopped in Ghost Town HD this weekend. They had broken pipes behind the counter. Seems Bub is having big problems with welds too.
That was the original Rineharts True Dual with the welded on bracket over the starter. They changed the design over two years ago to a non welded design along with a redesign of the baffles and end caps. BUB, the manufacturer of Rinehart exhausts, stood up and warranteed every one of those broken pipes that was brought to their attention. They even went so far as to make thousands of rear headpipes and the revised brackets and shipped these to dealers who may need them before any problems arose. That way if one broke the dealer could update it immediately. This is the sign of a stand up company.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
MOTOWN RIDER
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Met a guy this weekend who had the same problem with the tips turning color. He took them back and they gave him a new set with a teflon coated tip and the problem went away. He's got over 3000 miles on them and no change.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM
madurodave
Road Captain

At 5500 miles, my black tips are now turning purple. Tuning helped, but did not cure the issue. I will have the tips replaced. I could go chrome, but like the black ends on my RKC.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:25 PM
BlkSilverado
Cruiser

Mine turned when I went to myrtle beach, BUB sent out a replacement set, They are still black with approx 3000 miles... Same tune, and I rode 1115 miles straight in 90 + heat... Still black.. Guess they figured it out...

Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

ORIGINAL: cabbage

i got the slant tips for my RH's right when i installed em, and after 2500 miles they are still black as night.

Where do you find the slant tips? I can only find them in chrome.
Thanks
Rags

Old 08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
cabbage
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Ragtop

ORIGINAL: cabbage

i got the slant tips for my RH's right when i installed em, and after 2500 miles they are still black as night.

Where do you find the slant tips? I can only find them in chrome.
Thanks
Rags
I got them from Eastern Performance..

Old 08-06-2007, 05:08 PM
scammer
Stage III

my buddies pipe did the same thing, in the end it turns gold, the gal at rinehart said they were aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. and that was 6 months ago, i just bought the rine hart pro-pipe and have not had a chance to put it in but im hoping i got one where it doent turn colors, now the true duals i had on my 05 ultra never turned colors they stayed black(5500 miles)

Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: StrGlide

ORIGINAL: B dog

OH GOD , NOT MY HARLEY'S GOING TO TURN RED OR GOD KNOW'S WHAT COLOR. THE UV RAYES OR ITS TO HOT!!!
MY JUGS ARE BLACK. MY CASE IS BLACK THE EXHAUSE PORTS ARE BLACK THE DAM BIKE IS BLACK OH MY HO MY!
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT !!!
If the tips are turning because of heat thats a cheap paint job for sure. No matter if your running rich or lean it should hold up. **** didnt Bub thing about a Harley runing lean or rich before painting ???????

My bike is garage kept. I've got 2000 miles on the pipes. My bike is runing perfect. Had it dynoed when I bought it and installed the air and pipes with PCIII..,....... SO WHATS THE EXCUESE NOW BUB?

How about a public statement. come on. Please tell us your tips cant handle UV rayes. PLEASE. Or it can't handle the heat. Or just maybe YOU SCREWED UP and are going to use another system to paint or powder coat your tips. HELLO !!!!
The end caps are made from billet aluminum, and they are anodized not painted or powdercoated.The discoloration is a by-product of excess heat. Just because you have an air cleaner and PCIII doesn't mean it's set up correctly. Even a well tuned bike can get stuck in traffic. Next thing you'll be complaining to the DOT that it's their fault because you couldn't keep moving. There are plenty of Rinehart end caps in service that haven't discolored. Get your bike properly tuned and your problems will go away.
Damn guess you set me straight!!I will get my bike tuned properly on your advise,,, Maybe I can add to my 115/115 and my end caps won't turn purple!![8D]

Quick Reply: What's Up With Rineharts ?