Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Up With Rineharts ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Isolated01
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's Up With Rineharts ?

I recently had mine replaced for the second time.The lady at the warranty desktold me they were going to send me new End-caps and baffles?Thenthey sentme brand new mufflers. The new ones have 3 allen screws on the caps instead of 2 like the old ones. I will have to wait and see what happens.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

have about 4k on my RH TDs ... seem to be jet black. I try to actually keep my RPMs up so as to keep the exhaust pushing out at a good rate and not lugging. Work great...sound great...and look great.

The 'red' or copper/orange colors ... (even saw a post about the chrome tips turning GOLD) .... I would bet dollars to donuts it has more to do with the heat than anything else. I see Lenrough's tips. One black the other orange. .. strange only one is turning. almost wondering if the #1 cylinder is running lean and running hot.
I would suspect the front cylinder is running lean and thus hotter than the rear cylinder. It should be checked and tuned.

My tips on my 110 are black. Only 1700 miles on them so far.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

.... I would bet dollars to donuts it has more to do with the heat than anything else.
Bingo!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
jamesanddiva
Intermediate

I lelieve that it is the download and running lean that causes it. My second set of tips are turning on the (hot) right side again. Now Harley is recommending the SERT.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Timex
Tourer

Newer caps have 3 screws. BUB told me that 2 screws weren't holding the caps on.
ORIGINAL: Isolated01

I recently had mine replaced for the second time.The lady at the warranty desktold me they were going to send me new End-caps and baffles?Thenthey sentme brand new mufflers. The new ones have 3 allen screws on the caps instead of 2 like the old ones. I will have to wait and see what happens.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
B dog
Banned

OH GOD , NOT MY HARLEY'S GOING TO TURN RED OR GOD KNOW'S WHAT COLOR. THE UV RAYES OR ITS TO HOT!!!
MY JUGS ARE BLACK. MY CASE IS BLACK THE EXHAUSE PORTS ARE BLACK THE DAM BIKE IS BLACK OH MY HO MY!
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT !!!
If the tips are turning because of heat thats a cheap paint job for sure. No matter if your running rich or lean it should hold up. **** didnt Bub thing about a Harley runing lean or rich before painting ???????

My bike is garage kept. I've got 2000 miles on the pipes. My bike is runing perfect. Had it dynoed when I bought it and installed the air and pipes with PCIII..,....... SO WHATS THE EXCUESE NOW BUB?

How about a public statement. come on. Please tell us your tips cant handle UV rayes. PLEASE. Or it can't handle the heat. Or just maybe YOU SCREWED UP and are going to use another system to paint or powder coat your tips. HELLO !!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So anyone but me have trouble getting a new end cap (or caps) sent out???

Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 AM
CFDgrunt
Cruiser

My bike is running perfectly and my caps turned purple Bub also told me about the UVs and that the bike is running to lean. that is bull$hit. I don't really mind the color change so much. But it's the principle. It's a new exhaust!!! I had the exhaust put on at the Stealer when i bought the bike so they are getting me 2 new caps. If they turn colors then maybe i'll buy some chrome ones i saw on ebay. But i have to say this, I love those pipes

[/align]

Old 08-05-2007, 12:32 PM
2kflhr
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

So anyone but me have trouble getting a new end cap (or caps) sent out???
I bought a set last August and they turned within 4-5 months. I called Karen at Bub and she told me there was a issue with the old ones and I may have gotten a set of the old ones with my new pipes. Anyway, I gave her my CC number and faxed a copy of my purchase reciept and they promptly shipped a new set and I had to ship my old ones back within a certain time frame or my CC would be billed for the set I failed to return. So far no additional problems.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:05 PM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

I realize this might sound stupid, since when you buy a product you should be able to expect to receive quality.....has anyone who's tips have turned color(s) scuffed them good and tried hi-temp grill paint on them?

Quick Reply: What's Up With Rineharts ?