Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Up With Rineharts ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:23 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What's Up With Rineharts ?

Talked to a guy this evening about doing the caps in hi-heat powder... if Bub/Rinehart sends me replacements I might try it anyway.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 AM
B dog
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is I payed what they ask. A nice price. And now i got red end caps. What use would it be to get another pair if they haven't fixed the problem. Down goes the rinehart sales. LOL Does anyone have a number for rinehart customer service ?

Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 AM
JDean
Advanced

Mine changed color and match my black cherry Standard real close. I heard they had a quality control problem with the black end caps and were covering these under warranty at one time.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have about 4000 miles on mine and they are still black as can be.

Just wondering, you guys that have the tips changing colors, have you done the a/c and fuel mods as well, and I dont consider a download as a true fuel mod.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

Bubs (530-477-7490) will replace the end caps for the original owner within a specific period of time...can't remember the exact time right now. I got them to admit that they have a problem and that even the replacements will change color over time. The CS person told me it is due to UV.

You can buy replacements, new take offs, on e-bay. The prices are all over the board. I paid $40 for a new set. I have seen them go for over $100 a set.

Good luck,
RJ

Old 05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got 2k on mine and they're still jet black. Sorry to hear you have a problem.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 PM
cavedog
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Rocket Jockey

Bubs (530-477-7490) will replace the end caps for the original owner within a specific period of time...can't remember the exact time right now. I got them to admit that they have a problem and that even the replacements will change color over time. The CS person told me it is due to UV.

You can buy replacements, new take offs, on e-bay. The prices are all over the board. I paid $40 for a new set. I have seen them go for over $100 a set.

Good luck,
RJ
Caused by UV. That's a load of BS. I have one that is black and one that is red/orange/copper. Guess I am getting the UV rays only on one side. Sales manager where I bought the bike said Reinharts told him it was a problem with the material they were made out of. Which emits to the quality control problem stated earlier.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
RainMaker
Cruiser

Yea, i had mine turn red within the first 1000 miles. 07 UC with racer tuner, eaglebeaks RHs, Dyno'd before i picked the bike up with like 5 miles on it.

I called Bub and they advanced shipped me one. i just managed to get the bolt out (ended up cutting a flat head in the allen head to get the damn bolt out but worked like a champ).

I would have to say that mine is from the extreme heat from a bad tune. The end cap was getting over 450 degrees, at the end cap!!!!....I dont believe it is only a UV issue as one stated above after speaking with the BUB CS. If that were the case, then both of mine would have changed.

After a good ride, I can grab and hold the left pipe... can barely get close to the right end cap before feeling the high heat from the endcap.

This really doesnt seem to be a BUB issue to me. If Harley wasnt screwed on the EPA regulations, their (BUB's) product wouldnt be failing. Right? But that just goes back to HD selling a product they knew had issue from the regulations but still produced the product the same way they always have, passing the "buck" to their customers.

I had to spend close to 1200 bucks to correct the "regulations" issue HD released in their product.

Dont get me wrong, love my Harley.. just sucks to walk out to your brand new UC and see the entire length of the pipe blued and pitted from the extreme heat....

/semi-rant off.....

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 10,000 mile on Mine when I took them off.I sold them to a buddy of Mine and they're still black.I have a neighbor that has Rineharts and His turned red in no time.I have zero explanation.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

have about 4k on my RH TDs ... seem to be jet black. I try to actually keep my RPMs up so as to keep the exhaust pushing out at a good rate and not lugging. Work great...sound great...and look great.

The 'red' or copper/orange colors ... (even saw a post about the chrome tips turning GOLD) .... I would bet dollars to donuts it has more to do with the heat than anything else. I see Lenrough's tips. One black the other orange. .. strange only one is turning. almost wondering if the #1 cylinder is running lean and running hot.

Quick Reply: What's Up With Rineharts ?