Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alloy-Arts TXR or RideStra8 Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Alloy-Arts TXR or RideStra8 Opinions Please

Hi All, I'm in a quandry. I'm in the market for a stabilizer and have narrowed my choices down to the TXR and Ride-Stra8. I have talked to Dan at Ridestra8 and also with Rob at Alloy-Art. Both make excellent arguments for their product. I'm convinced by each but can only use one on my SG.
At the moment I think the edge is going to Alloy-Art. Their product is $100 less expensive from M&M and it looks more sturdy than ridestra8. IT also has vents for airflow to cool the transmission and will not hinder clearance as does another competitor, Tru-Trac
I know that RideStra8 doesn't cover the Trans at all but to me, it doesn't look as sturdy.
At this point I think my final decision will come from users on this forum.
Please let me here from those using these products.
Thanks,
Frank

Ridestra8.com

alloyart.com

Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 AM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Alloy-Arts TXR or RideStra8 Opinions Please

My RideStr8 has only been on a couple of days, but so far it's done the job. That TXR is quite the work of art.
See my post https://www.hdforums.com/m_1667907/m...tm.htm#1667907

Old 05-23-2007, 01:33 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I have the txr and I don't like it. One good curb loaded down will probably take it out, it hangs a good 3/4 inch lower than the cross member. Also for it to work you have to have it tight, and when you do it shakes like a old softail because its trying to stop the motor from moving in it's mounts. Stick to the proven products, true track or ride st8, the txr is a over engineered POS IMHO. Mines comin off and a true track is goin on.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rideon

I have the txr and I don't like it. One good curb loaded down will probably take it out, it hangs a good 3/4 inch lower than the cross member. Also for it to work you have to have it tight, and when you do it shakes like a old softail because its trying to stop the motor from moving in it's mounts. Stick to the proven products, true track or ride st8, the txr is a over engineered POS IMHO. Mines comin off and a true track is goin on.
Rideon, You say you are going with the tru-trac because you think it will give you more clearance and less vibration than the TXR. I'm thinking you should rethink that idea. The TXR is very similar to the Tru-trac. It was designed from it. The Tru-trac will definitly drag in right hand turns, the TXR will not. The TXR is vented to help keep the trans cool. The Tru-trac bolts tight to the trans and will not allow heat to excape.
If you are going to rethink, consider the RideStra8. It's a totally different design.
Keep in mind, all stabilizers will present vibration if not adjusted properly.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:18 AM
rideon
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

ORIGINAL: rideon

Rideon, You say you are going with the tru-trac because you think it will give you more clearance and less vibration than the TXR. I'm thinking you should rethink that idea. The TXR is very similar to the Tru-trac. It was designed from it. The Tru-trac will definitly drag in right hand turns, the TXR will not. The TXR is vented to help keep the trans cool. The Tru-trac bolts tight to the trans and will not allow heat to excape.
If you are going to rethink, consider the RideStra8. It's a totally different design.
Keep in mind, all stabilizers will present vibration if not adjusted properly.
Possibly rubbing in a corner is alot better than smashing it off on a speed bump IMO. The true track doesn't limit the fore and aft movement of the motor, the txr does if tightened up enough to do any good to stop the lateral movement which is the problem on these bikes were trying to fix. As far as trans cooling the true trac has a aluminum case that surrounds the trans which should act as a heat sinc, besides has anybody ever heard of a tranny overheating on a H.D.?

Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Gaskett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have the TXR, and I also have a lowered bike (actually ride it quite low in the rear with the Platinum air shocks). And after my little test ride, the bumps, railroad tracks, and other things I have riden over and around; there is no way that you are goig to rip the TXR out from under the bike, UNLESS you totally suck as rider (purposly hitting all afore-mentioned items). The bumps and potholes you are goingto thave to hit would most likely un-a$$ you from the seat before you would even worry about ripping the TXR out.

Anyway, I have a post about the TXR and my experience with it. Granted it's only a 60 mile ride, but in that 60 miles, I wanted to make sure the TXR was going to do it's job.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
rideon
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Gaskett

Well I have the TXR, and I also have a lowered bike (actually ride it quite low in the rear with the Platinum air shocks). And after my little test ride, the bumps, railroad tracks, and other things I have riden over and around; there is no way that you are goig to rip the TXR out from under the bike, UNLESS you totally suck as rider (purposly hitting all afore-mentioned items). The bumps and potholes you are goingto thave to hit would most likely un-a$$ you from the seat before you would even worry about ripping the TXR out.

Anyway, I have a post about the TXR and my experience with it. Granted it's only a 60 mile ride, but in that 60 miles, I wanted to make sure the TXR was going to do it's job.
Glad you like it, it's the big speed bumps I'm worried about, loaded down two up it will hit and when it does it will be expensive. I have smacked those cross members on touring bikes before getting into campsites doin a little 4x4in. I can imagine what will happen when that 1/4 inch bolt on the txr snags something, cause its hanging WAY below the crossmember![:'(]

Old 05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Gaskett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I could see you might have a problem 2 up, fully loaded and some speed bumps. Never really considered that since I don't really do that type of riding.

So, you have a point, it could hit in that situation. It does hang a total of 3/4" of an inch below the crossmember (that is too the lowest point onthe stabilizer.

Glenn

Old 05-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Gaskett

Well, I could see you might have a problem 2 up, fully loaded and some speed bumps. Never really considered that since I don't really do that type of riding.

So, you have a point, it could hit in that situation. It does hang a total of 3/4" of an inch below the crossmember (that is too the lowest point onthe stabilizer.

Glenn
I spoke with Rob, today, at Alloy -Art, he has the TXR mounted on his SG. He said, "no way you will scrape the TXR."