Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD OEM Polished Front Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 02:14 PM
interceptor_1972
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD OEM Polished Front Rotors

Been reading up on front rotors on the forum for a couple of days now. Noticed that my front brakes feel jerky when I apply them - possibly from warped rotors. Since I bought this used, I'm not sure if these are the original rotors or if they've ever been replaced - but, from what I've been reading, it appears that many of the stock rotors tend to warp around 20K - 27K mark? And I'm just at 25K.

That said, did some research and found a set of HD OEM Polished Front Rotors, in new condition, dealer take-offs that I can pick up for about $175 shipped for the pair. Dealer prices seem to be around $150/rotor + tax, so I know this is a great deal as far as price goes. Is there any concerns you'd have about a set of new take-off rotors? Also, I'd read on one of the many posts I've looked through, that sometimes, it may not be a warped rotor more so as a contaminated one that could be cleaned - so I'll definitely try and clean up the rotors I have now to make sure it is actually warped before I buy them.

Any thoughts or suggestions? And yes, I'll be replacing the rotor bolts as per the Service manual - probably with chrome ones .