Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street glide wheels on Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:52 PM
meat_ball
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to everyone again! I am in the process of deciding which way to go. I have this unreasonable desire to research EVERYTHING I do ad nauseum until I am satisfied. On the plus side, sometimes I keep my spontaneous purchases in check. On the down side, I need to figure out all the details like how to take a tire off before I pull the trigger

Thanks all!

Old 08-10-2016, 02:01 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,230 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by meat_ball
Thanks to everyone again! I am in the process of deciding which way to go. I have this unreasonable desire to research EVERYTHING I do ad nauseum until I am satisfied. On the plus side, sometimes I keep my spontaneous purchases in check. On the down side, I need to figure out all the details like how to take a tire off before I pull the trigger

Thanks all!
Not unreasonable to do the due diligence before taking on a new project but sometimes, if the project is something you really want to do, you just have to roll up your sleeves, get started and deal with the unknown as the present.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks all!
I can't show you air strike wheels on your bike, but I can show you air strike wheels on mine before they came off....

Old 08-11-2016, 06:53 AM
meat_ball
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I keep seeing everywhere to change the ABS bearings out for my non-ABS bike. Got it. Looking at the parts blow up for the bike, it appears there are 3 bearings on the rear of the bike. Should I be replacing the bearing that lives in the sprocket/pulley as well as the 2 outer bearings? I haven't seen anyone reference this particular one...

Thanks

Old 08-11-2016, 07:29 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Now to find what I'm looking for...

I think the 19" will be too big for me. The roads around here aren't the best and I'll need a bit more tire to absorb the bumps. Anyone have a 2010-13 RG or SG that doesn't need their wheels? Haha
I have some impeller wheels from my UC they are 17/16 , need a good cleaning.They have ABS bearings in them.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:34 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

I keep seeing everywhere to change the ABS bearings out for my non-ABS bike. Got it. Looking at the parts blow up for the bike, it appears there are 3 bearings on the rear of the bike. Should I be replacing the bearing that lives in the sprocket/pulley as well as the 2 outer bearings? I haven't seen anyone reference this particular one...

Thanks
Yes, they all fit onto the wheel axle. The pulley moves relative to the wheel, thanks to the rubber buffers, which is why it has it's own bearing.