Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

honey come look

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:14 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honey come look

has any of you guys ever put on a new piece and after you got it on you went and got your wife and said "honey come look at the bike and the new piece i just put on"? or have you ever put on a new performance part and said to you wife "come on honey lets go for a ride and check it out"?
i just did.
i finally got my fullsac duels put on and what a differance. i didnt notice any low end torque loss. i think with a good tuner you will not experiance any lose of power"

Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: honey come look

are you crazy? course i don't ask the wife for her opinion. i just hope she won't notice the new addition, and if she does, she'll believe me when i tell her that it was there when we bought the bike.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Cajati
Cruiser

AMEN GMAN! My wife couldn't care less about my bike and I couldn't be more happy. Stash some cash when I can and spend it later. I replaced my stock SG seat with a solo seat and chrome rack about 5 mos ago and she has yet to notice.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Congrats on da mods... I didnt say a thing about the slipons i got while she was gone... eventually she said, "Did you do something with the bike, it sounds different..."

Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Went to the Dealer with the wife today to pick up the title to the new (er) ride. She asked if I wanted anything...shocked the hell out of me. Handed me $120.00 and said enjoy yourself!!

Only after I spent the $$, did she tell me that her job was terminated[:@]

Old 05-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell.My wife helps Me with My mods.She helped Me pull wires for the DTT install with Her little hands.She never bitches about what I spend on the bike as long as I don't push the issue on high dollar things to much.She loves the bike as much as I do and chrome is her favorite color.She's one in a million and she aint going nowhere.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Harley Rulz

Hell.My wife helps Me with My mods.She helped Me pull wires for the DTT install with Her little hands.She never bitches about what I spend on the bike as long as I don't push the issue on high dollar things to much.She loves the bike as much as I do and chrome is her favorite color.She's one in a million and she aint going nowhere.

You are a very lucky guy, Harley. We've got three bikes in our garage and my wife doens't have a clue which belongs to me. She knows I like to work on mine but doesn't pay any attention to what I'm doing. While I'd like for her to like the bike and ride (she won't), at least she allows me to do my thing and that ain't all bad. Still, I envy anyone who has a wife who enjoys the hobby with him.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:21 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wife is completely involved in my bike. Don't have to hide the mods or the cost (within reason). No we are not independtly wealthy or anything like that. We both work hard and have always enjoyed riding.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta goodun too, she likes the shiny stuff and loves to ride with me. She likes it kinda loud too. dam I got it made

Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife hates my bike, come to think of it she don't care too much for me either.She doesn't even go into the garage anymore.Hoping this trend continues so she doesn'tnotice another motorcycle sitting in there in a few weeks (hopefully, if all goes well).

Quick Reply: honey come look