Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-Action shocks installed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016 | 03:06 PM
Fourdogs
|
Cruiser
Default Pro-Action shocks installed.

I finally bit the bullet and decided to replace the awful air shocks on my 2014 Limited, I knew my back would appreciate it. After reading numerous threads on the subject I decided to give the "Pro-Action" guys a shot and why not they were local and from what I read they made a good product. I actually met George and DJ for the first time at "Roar on the Shore" in Erie, Pa a few weeks ago on a Sunday. The event was over and they were wrapping it up to home to Beaver Falls, PA. (west of Pittsburgh). They graciously offered to let me try a set of the shocks and after a test ride and a few minor tweaks I was sold. I had a 120 mile ride to head home and thought that would be an even better test and I was not disappointed. The best I can describe the difference with the Pro-Actions is that the overall ride just felt better and smoother (subjective I know) but that is my impression. However "more importantly for me " some of the back jarring nasty roads here in western Pa were no longer back jarring! Obviously I still felt the "bumps" however I did not feel them up and down my spine as with the stock shocks. Two other notes, I don't ride two-up and my front end is still stock but the ride is so much better I might not change them for now.

Thanks guys from me and my back!

Mark

The following users liked this post:
MatteGlide15 (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016 | 05:54 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the shocks! I have a set of the 13" on my 15RGS and pretty much agree with everything you said word 4 word. PA potholes/roads can be brutal! I also had them install a Legend Axeo front end kit as well. That combination provided a VAST improvement over the stock setup!!! Feels like a totally different bike and makes riding these PA roads enjoyable again.

Thanks 4 the posting this thread and supporting a Top Notch local business!

Old 08-01-2016 | 06:06 PM
jberg
Road Warrior

I've heard good things about the brand. I bought my shocks from Motorcycle Metal.
Improving your suspension in the single most significant change you can make. Good luck with them and consider upgrading the forks in the future. You won't be sorry.

Old 08-01-2016 | 07:28 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Although I returned my pro actions I still think George and DJ are the best. They do have a good product, just didn't work for me. They run the company like the old days. The best customer service around. I was impressed with both of them and believe me I very particular. You can ask George about that. Lol

Old 08-01-2016 | 07:39 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

I love mine. G/F loves them even more. Comments on them all the time. They take a bit to break in but i am sold on them quality if the build in them is impressive.

Old 08-01-2016 | 08:35 PM
dajogejr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by todd-67
I love mine. G/F loves them even more. Comments on them all the time. They take a bit to break in but i am sold on them quality if the build in them is impressive.
Ditto.

Old 08-01-2016 | 11:10 PM
VRADMAN
Road Captain

I believe I was the first to convince these guys to develop a HD shock. I raced MX in my early years and George sponsored me back then (Keystone MX Works). I bought a set of these shocks for my wife's 13 RG (11") and after some testing and setup from George and DJ, she is a happy lady. We recently did a 1,000 mile ride (2 up) with tour pack and loaded to the max (80 lbs of gear) and the bike handled and rode amazing. I simply added two rounds of pre-load and we were off to the races. I'm also local to the Beaver Falls area and would highly recommend these shocks. As mentioned by many others, these guys know their stuff plus they are straight up, honest people. I'm happy to see so many riders enjoying the much improved ride that Pro-Action shocks provide.

Old 08-02-2016 | 03:43 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jberg
I've heard good things about the brand. I bought my shocks from Motorcycle Metal.
Improving your suspension in the single most significant change you can make. Good luck with them and consider upgrading the forks in the future. You won't be sorry.
I too went with MM for rear shocks but have heard good things about Pro-Action. I had already installed Ohlins when I was getting a tire installed and the Indy pointed out he was a dealer for Pro-Action (he does mostly MX work and support products.) I hadn't known about them yet when I ordered my shocks. The Indy would have likely had a sale if I had'nt but I can't complain a bit with what I did.

Either way, upgrading the suspension should be the 1st thing that gets done to a new HD. The difference is astounding.

Enjoy the ride!

Old 08-03-2016 | 05:48 AM
Rockboyz
Cruiser

Have them on my Ultra, couldn't be happier with the product and the awesome service these guys provided for me! Two thumbs up in my book!!!!!