Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone and toll money holders

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:30 AM
skid jackson
|
Cruiser
Default Cell phone and toll money holders

What are people using to hold thier cell phones. Mine goes in my jacket pocket ot clips on to my belt. Sometimes the wind blows it open and I can't help but think it's only a matter of time before it goes down the road itself. J&P cycles has a handle bar clip that looks pretty unobtrusive. Don't intend on using it while riding just want it up where i can keep an eye on it. Wondering what people have experience with.

While we are at it what your technique for toll money access. Digging through the pockets gets old fast.

I'm on an 07 flht btw. Its got a cee bailey windshield so windshield bags are out and its got a radio so the hole in the dash it out too.

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:31 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Cell phone and toll money holders

I leave mine in my saddlebag. I check it when I stop. A friend of ours has one on his handlebars. I thought it was pretty cool.

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:39 AM
theoldguy
Tourer

I like the cleaner look of a bike, no gadgets on the bars, no fairing, bags, etc... but having to stop, put the sidestand down and dig thru pockets for change for a toll gets REAL old fast, not to mention the cagers behind you getting anxious and honking their horns and all... Maybe a small, unobtrusive pouch that'd mount on the front of a seat? Altho it'd look like you're gettin nasty with yourself digging out change... LOL... But there has to be a way to make it convienent to pay tolls. And my cell clips to my belt, 13K miles and haven't lost one yet. Oh, and for you smokers out there... I keep my cigs and lighter in a cellphone pouch that has a clip on it, and clip that to the strap on the seat. Beats the heck outta them flyin out of your shirt pocket.

Old 05-22-2007 | 02:02 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

I saw one nice-looking chrome mount for a cell phone belt-clip that mounts on the handle bars It was in one of the aftermarket catalogs (Kuryakan maybe? anyone know what I"m talking about?). Not that I can use or answer it, but if it lights up I know I have to pull over and use the phone if there's an important call I'm expecting cuz I can't hear the phone ring at all. Having it visible to the eye is the idea.

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:52 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

1) I let my wife hold it
2) If she's not riding, I put the exact amount in my left pocket. (The cars just have to wait)
3) Reach back with your left hand, cover your plate and hit the throttle
4) Ride the white line and hit the throttle (no covering of the plate needed)
5) Get a EZ tag and put it in your pocket (it still works)

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:56 PM
anubisss
Banned

I never let my cell phone run my day or life. I can always deal with it at a later time. The last thing I want while riding is to see or hear my phone, so it goes in the pocket of my jeans. We don't have tol booths on the west coast so I am at a loss there.

Old 05-22-2007 | 01:57 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

I keep my cell phone on silent and in either my windshield bag or my jacket pocket. I keep my EZ Pass in my windshield pouch and it works great!

Old 05-22-2007 | 02:07 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

I just put it in my w/s bag. Don't bother with the ringer, I can't hear the damned thing anyway when I'm riding. Never thought about the tolls, as there ain't none to speak of here in Missouri.

Old 05-22-2007 | 02:45 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

My cell phone goes in the tour pack, if I'm riding they will just have to wait, might check to see if I've had any calls at the next gas stop. Most tolls I'm going to come to are ones I know the amount and just keep that amount in my front pocket or if riding with the wife, she is in charge of tolls and waving to people waving four lanes over in the opposite direction LOL

Saw a guy on a sport bike in a group darn near go down cause his phone clip came off his belt, was swerving all over and looking back. Like he was going to do something about his phone falling at 50 and a load of traffic behind him. Went off left side into grass median, I was tailing this group well behind and re assured myself it was a good thing.

Old 05-22-2007 | 04:29 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer

For the Cell phone I use a Leather pouch that is normally made for Cig packs. Even has a Skull. In Florida I use a Sun Pass which sticks to the windshield. On my Fat Boy I used to put single dollar bills in each back pocket. This made the stopping to pay cash a lot quicker. I could even fish them out with my Gloves on.

Quick Reply: Cell phone and toll money holders