Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pass Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:42 PM
tizone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Pass Advice

Anybody out there have an EZpass gizmo stuck somewhere to their bike for a quick trip through the tolls here in the Northeast? I have an extra badge but just wasn't sure where to stick it on my 07 Ultra so that 1. it wouldn't look like **** and 2. so that it would be easily read at the booth.

Any suggestions? My initial thought was inside of the windscreen down as low as possible.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:51 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: EZ Pass Advice

your helmet?

Old 05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have mine mounted under my fairing about 3-4" down from the top edge and right over the radio. Its right under the eagle on my fairing. It works the nuts and I cruise thru at 20mph.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/E552C4D196724CFBB1C5D0815C1EAEBF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
tizone
Tourer

Wow... so the EZPass can be read through the fairing? I thought that the solid fairing would prevent it from being read. Thats why I was thinking that it had o be mounted to the clear windscreen. Speaking of which, what kind of windscreen is that on your Ultra Jim? It looks really nice.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:17 PM
FLHDRIVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hesitant to put mine behind the fairing, unfortunately I pass thruseveral toll plaza's which have those mechanical arms. When you blow a drive thru toll (system fails to see tag) the camera's pick it up and your billed without violation. With the mechanical arms you need to wait for the local bridge and tunnel officer to verify the tag and raise the arm. Now... and here is the problem, if their hand reader doesn't read the tag, they wouldmanually enter the tag number. This is not feasible with the tag under the fairing. They aren't going to take the time to verify it and you might have to get a summons, to be voided later, after you show you have an active account. It ain't worth the trouble.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
tizone
Tourer

So where do you have yours mounted FLHDRIVER?

Old 05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Nilsa210
Intermediate

I keep mine in the windshield pouch, and take it out when going through the tolls. Prolly not necessary. And yes I havea nice pic of my bike courtesy of the NH DOT...

Old 05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
MixedNuts
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine fastened to the underside of the right saddlebag lid.
Stay to the left of the grease slick at the toll booth and you're good to go.
Reads every time.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:40 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: tizone

Wow... so the EZPass can be read through the fairing? I thought that the solid fairing would prevent it from being read. Thats why I was thinking that it had o be mounted to the clear windscreen. Speaking of which, what kind of windscreen is that on your Ultra Jim? It looks really nice.
I live in MA but have a NH issued EZPass which I believe has a very low radio frequency. I had tried placing my EZPass in my saddlebag like others here have done, but it didn't work. Sometimes it wouldn't work if I had it in the breast pocket of my riding jacket. I didn't like it on my windsheild, coz I didn't want to have to remember to remove it if I were parking the bike somewhere and I didn't like the look of it there in the first place. As long as you mount it on the underneath side of the fairing just as you would if you were mounting it to your cars windsheild you should be good to go. The fairing is less than 1/8" thick and not enough to block the signal. I have used it in ME, NH, MA and NY without a hitch.

My windsheild is a Cee Bailey's SSC. http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/flhtssc_ws.html

Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 PM
03FLHT2
Advanced

I have mine now in the right side of the three pocket windshield bags. Use to have it in the left side but kept getting failures now that I have it in the right side it never fails. I too dont want it under the fairing as if it does fail big problem. I ride to the right of grease slick in lane and for over a year and half no failure and I see a lot of those frigging things. God I hate NY and its frigging tolls.

Quick Reply: EZ Pass Advice