Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pass Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Major Bill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZ Pass Advice

Just hit the open booth at 100+ MPH and there's no way they'll read your plate!![8D]

Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master

Here in Florida we use these RF tag boxes too. The fairing WILL NOT degrade the signal. But distance from the the box to the reader can be an issue. I have friends who say if they mount it too low on the minivan windshield, it won't pick up. The best is to either put it in a pocket and haole it high as you are goin thru or put a suction cup mount hight in the shield.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Harley Dad
Intermediate

i also had the white tag which was an eyesore on my road king windshield and it started acting up. so i called ez-pass and they told me that they had another kind of tag that some cars use because of windshield issues. it is black about 1.5" wide and about 10.00" long. they told me to mount it on the downtube of my frame with zip ties. and since the frame is black you can hardly notice it. i have it for 3 weeks now and so far so good.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM
gsigley
Intermediate

I have an 07 Street Glide in PA. I have gone throught the booths of the PA turnpike a number of times with the sensor mounted in the lid of the left saddlebag and it has worked every time so far. My brother-in-law did the same thing with his 05 Ultra and he has had no problems. Got the advice from this site.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 PM
questor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tizone

Any suggestions? My initial thought was inside of the windscreen down as low as possible.
I have a 07 UC, initially installed in the leftmost of the three pouches, now have it installed on the inside of the tour pack (keeping it waterproof). Works great in MD & Jersey.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM
questor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Harley Dad

mount it on the downtube of my frame with zip ties

Is it waterproof?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:15 PM
tizone
Tourer

Wow... I am really surprised! I never thought that the pass would be read through something like a fairng or the inside of a tourpack or saddlebag. The great part about inside the luggage is that it is quickly accessible to the toll booth operator if it fails to read automatically. I think I am going to try to mount it inside the left saddlebag on my Ultra and give it a try.

I live in PA as well and go through the 276 tollbooths quite often back & forth to Philly.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Harley Dad
Intermediate

yes it is. some newer cars have it bolted on their front plate.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:05 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 652 Posts

i put it in the windshield bag of my road king classic... reminder if you go thru a toll lane that is a high heavy truck(rock truck/ dump truck) regardless of transponder location it may not work..i got a nice picture of the back of my bike in the mail yesterday..no big deal just had to register the bike license plate to transponder..

Old 05-23-2007, 08:03 AM
questor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Harley Dad

yes it is. some newer cars have it bolted on their front plate.
Thanks for info.. will call our state EZ-Pass office and request one. When I remove the front fairing, I will install there and remove the "white" one from my tour-pak.

Quick Reply: EZ Pass Advice