Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout out to Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 01:05 AM
Lostrider
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Shout out to Fuel Moto

So, my saga begins like this. I did Bassani true duals and HD screaming eagle AC. I decided when I did those mods last year that I would just get a Fuel Moto micro tuner. Bike ran great with zero issues and the Micro Tuner performed well. This year I decided that I would like to be able to really fine tune and not have to Dyno. I went with the V&H FP3. I ordered the FP3 from Fuel Moto and it arrived fast at the best price on the net too. So, I did the 15 minute install and proceeded to load the map off my phone for my mods. It seem to load all that I entered but when it came time to store the base map from my ECM the program stopped running.

I called V&H who were very helpful. After an hour or so of different tries at a fix. The tech at V&H determined from data I sent to him that I had a tune already flashed on my bike. Seems at one time the previous owner (I am the second owner) loaded a TTS master tune. Long story a little shorter, I did not know this and did not have the dongle or software to go back to stock.

I called Brian Kohl from Fuel Moto. He could not have been any nicer or helpful. Since the FP3 may have been already married to the bike I could potentially be out the money since that is the end of that FP3. Brian assured me he would work with V&H and that if no solution could be found with V&H, Fuel Moto would work something out. I sent the FP3 back and within a week Brian called to tell me he had secured a full refund for me.

Fuel Moto is a class operation and will always be my go to for any mods I plan for the future as well.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:26 AM
Stansuski
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Their customer service is second to none, always been happy in any dealings with them.
Stan

Old 07-14-2016, 07:39 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

great to hear customer service stories like this. so often its a "i can't help you" after the sale. good on them. did you ever get it remapped back to stock? were you able to locate the previous owner and get the tuner from them?

Old 07-14-2016, 11:21 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

My question is, did you get the Bike to run a new tune ?
Or are you still running the FM Micro Tuner ?
I do hope that you resolved the original tuning dilemma ?
I usually try to use Forum Sponsors just for the fact that their Customer Service is so good.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:31 AM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Glad to hear about the good customer service - they really went out of their way to help you. Very nice!

Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Lostrider
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys. Yes, Fuel Moto is tops and went above and beyond. In answer to the other questions on the map issues. I did reach out to the previous owner who informed me that he no longer had the TTS dongle or software kit. Without the dongle you can not get it back to stock map because TTS install locks out the ECM after you install their map. I was advised by V&H to go to Harley and have them unlock the ECM. thankfully I spoke with Brian at Fuel Moto first who told me that Harley would not be able to unlock it either and would then try and sell me a new ECM.

So, the story goes on. I then reached out to TTS. I told them my story. They were kind of standoff and said it might not be their tune at all and that I could send them my ECM and they would unlock it and then go from there. Meaning if it wasn't there tune I would now have to purchase a new TTS master tune set up and start over. The cost was not worth it since the bike runs great. I will just keep my eyes open for an ECM in the future and then go back to Fuel Moto to buy a PCV with auto tune.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:18 PM
R.Canales
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

How can i tell if the previous owner of my bike had a previous tune installed that I dont know about?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:26 PM
JCNY
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a similar experience with fuel moto, upgraded my 96 this winter to a 103 with se255 cams, called fuel moto with all of my info (air cleaner, exhaust, cams etc) and they provided me with a power commander 5 pre -programed and the bike runs awesome! Their customer service was top notch and they delivered quickly!

Also anyone in the market for chassis stabilization needs to call Jake at Glide Pro, that company is awesome!!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:17 PM
R.Canales
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

bump....

Old 07-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Huskers
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

My experiences are similar. Great company to deal with.

Quick Reply: Shout out to Fuel Moto