Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checking Road King tire pressure (easy way)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016 | 06:00 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

I center the valve stem at the bottom and use this right angle gauge....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 07-13-2016 | 06:10 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I'm glad to see some things never change. Purse swinging over checking the air in tires.

On my Touring bike I just get down on the ground, check the pressure and add if needed. I admit I only do that once a week. On my Dyna the stems don't require that, they're much more accessible.

Old 07-13-2016 | 09:36 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zerk
You taking the saddle bag off??????????

Cheap parlor trick to waste time and money. Had a value when oil chains. but that is before your time.

Some of you people should park or sell your bike.

Unless you are looking at going to the nursing home. Fat?

It embarasses me at times to say I ride a Harley.

I'm embarrassed you ride a Harley, too.

Old 07-13-2016 | 10:22 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

You taking the saddle bag off??????????

Cheap parlor trick to waste time and money. Had a value when oil chains. but that is before your time.

Some of you people should park or sell your bike.

Unless you are looking at going to the nursing home. Fat?

Spokes have EVERYTHING to do with it on this particular application. Furthermore it ( the subject ) has nothing to do with the longevity ( years on the road and/or proficiency of the rider. Give me a break. I've been doin' this for at least as long as you, maybe longer. I've done several builds starting with a bare frame and an idea. Doesn't make me any better but it does speak to my experiences with scooters. I'm on my 67th trip around the sun.

If you've got the SPOKED WHEELS you'd have a better grasp on just how difficult it can be to get to the valve stem. NO you cannot use the 90° valve stem if you have tubes which many of the scooters in question do have. As mentioned earlier the HD 42300009 will make this much easier to accomplish and is easy to store on the scooter in the event that you're out on the road and need to add air for whatever reason.

Embarrassed? Because someone you don't even know doesn't live up to the expectations that you ( like you're the determining of what a big bad *** biker is ) ascribe too? Give me a break! BTW ... Nothing personal? :>)

The following users liked this post:
crazytown (07-13-2016)
Old 07-13-2016 | 10:40 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
NO you cannot use the 90° valve stem if you have tubes which many of the scooters in question do have. As mentioned earlier the HD 42300009 will make this much easier to accomplish and is easy to store on the scooter in the event that you're out on the road and need to add air for whatever reason.
You're correct on the tubed wheels. I was referring to some of the tubeless spokes HD has, but more specifically those dang 28-knuckle HD wheels. PITA to get anything in the front wheel unless it's pencil thin. I did use the valve stem extension on those.

Old 07-13-2016 | 11:21 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member

feed this down thru the spokes and fill/check in one step:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRL20

Last edited by Joe12RK; 07-13-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2016 | 11:28 AM
BLMC
Road Captain

The reason you get embarrassed by the thoughts, actions, and words of other people is because your self worth is minimal at best.

In an attempt to shore up your sagging self image you made a purchase of a motorcycle and a specific brand in hopes that in the school lunchroom you will be asked to sit at the "cool kids" table.

Real life then shows up and you are back to square one. Your plan didn't work out. What now?

Old 07-13-2016 | 11:55 AM
Zerk
Banned

Maybe a Vic. I like right hand drive. I bought a Harley cause it was American made.

Old 07-13-2016 | 12:10 PM
dsigrist
Tourer

Originally Posted by IrishHogtrotter

I've been using this for several years and works great. Easiest with the bag off but once you try it a couple of times it gets easier to use with a little practice. Makes it much easier if you have to add air too.

Old 07-13-2016 | 12:14 PM
Blackjack1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cozz
Take off a bag, move the bike till u can get to the valve stem. Check your pressure.
What a snarky response.... Have a bit of self-restraint if you have nothing at all constructive to add....

The OP was simply asking if someone more experienced knew of a better way. I don't get why some guys have to be such douchebags.

Last edited by Blackjack1; 07-13-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Checking Road King tire pressure (easy way)