Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checking Road King tire pressure (easy way)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016 | 08:03 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by checkers
Go to Wally and buy a 12v compressor with a 90 degree clamp on air chuck and built in gauge. Clip it on, fill until gauge reads correct, clip it off, done. $20.
This is what I do. Check and fill once a week

Old 07-12-2016 | 08:39 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member

Take right bag off push bike forward until valve stem is on the bottom, reach in between the spokes and wrap fingers around the backside of the spokes with one hand and push the stem over to you, gauge and or air hose can now be done WALHA!! So simple a caveman can do it!!

Old 07-12-2016 | 09:06 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by hockey8787
Take right bag off push bike forward until valve stem is on the bottom, reach in between the spokes and wrap fingers around the backside of the spokes with one hand and push the stem over to you, gauge and or air hose can now be done WALHA!! So simple a caveman can do it!!
Kinda hard to do with the metal stem that is on the tube.

The rear can be best checked with a 90 degree pencil type gauge and from the left side of the bike where the spokes are spaced better for access to the stem.
HD sells a nice gauge that works great on the rear..

Last edited by sixguns; 07-12-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2016 | 09:17 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by sixguns
Kinda hard to do with the metal stems that are on the tubes..

The rear can be best checked with a 90 degree pencil type gauge and from the left side of the bike where the spokes are spaced better for access to the stem.
HD sells a nice gauge that works great on the rear..
Which one?

Old 07-12-2016 | 09:22 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Which one?
Ok, I fixed it..

Old 07-12-2016 | 10:25 PM
Mac10
Road Master

I bought a gauge with a braided hose to the valve which is about 6 inches long. That way I can manipulate the hose between the spokes. Makes it a lot easier. Got if for ten bucks off amazon. Forget the brand name but they have a bunch of them. It is a bitch though

Old 07-12-2016 | 10:28 PM
SnoRider
Stellar HDF Member

Yeah both check and add suck. I just use a bike pump to check and add.

Old 07-12-2016 | 11:25 PM
Zerk
Banned

Spokes have nothing to do with it. Circle is a circle.

Don't be a *****. Lay on the ground and do it.

Old 07-12-2016 | 11:30 PM
Zerk
Banned

Originally Posted by Cozz
Take off a bag, move the bike till u can get to the valve stem. Check your pressure.
You taking the saddle bag off??????????
Originally Posted by Geoff
I have a Rivco centerstand which raises the rear tire off the ground. The front isn't raised, but I can easily rotate it by hand. Checking pressure and cleaning wheels is easy.

Cheap parlor trick to waste time and money. Had a value when oil chains. but that is before your time.
Originally Posted by predatornut
This is how I do it on my ultra. Usually the right side.
Originally Posted by RKZen
Some on here also use a 90-degree valve stem. Also makes adding air easy. Me, I went the expensive route. I changed wheels. The stem is beside the fat spokes.
Originally Posted by TUCCI
I like the FoBo but I don't see how there's enough room to put those on the front valve stem on my Road King, the spokes don't allow enough room. The rear should work though.
Some of you people should park or sell your bike.

Unless you are looking at going to the nursing home. Fat?

It embarasses me at times to say I ride a Harley.

Old 07-13-2016 | 02:41 AM
meat_ball
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zerk
You taking the saddle bag off??????????Cheap parlor trick to waste time and money. Had a value when oil chains. but that is before your time.Some of you people should park or sell your bike.

Unless you are looking at going to the nursing home. Fat?

It embarasses me at times to say I ride a Harley.
Dude, nothing you have said in this thread adds any substance. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Harley has a huge name and presence, and as such, attracts all kinds.

I suppose it is unfortunate that not everyone has the ability to lay on the floor to check tire pressures without removing saddle bags. Perhaps, we should all sell our cars and walk to work since changing the oil is too difficult as well.

With all respect, you know nothing of any of these folks. Maybe they have a bad knees from fighting over seas. Maybe they are not very mechanically inclined and just are looking for a way to do things easier. Or maybe, they just don't want to lay on the dirt and gravel to check tire pressure.

Please, if you have nothing to add to the discussion, click out of it and let us mere mortals continue our discussion without snide comments.

Thanks.

Last edited by meat_ball; 07-13-2016 at 05:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Checking Road King tire pressure (easy way)