Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust options for 2006 flhxi

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 09:02 PM
unkdweg
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust options for 2006 flhxi

ive had my cobalt blue street glide for about 5 days now , man i love it ! was curious which aftermarket pipes are available for my new scoot ?

Old 10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
pete_4854
Intermediate
Default RE: exhaust options for 2006 flhxi

As I understand it the only options you have are from harley screaming eagle catalog. No aftermarket pipes are available yet dur to new O2 emissions standards for 2006. But I am sure options will be more plentiful in the spring.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:41 PM
unkdweg
Stage IV

thanks pete that is what i had heard , but was curious about others knowledge on this

Old 10-01-2005, 09:53 PM
hillbilly64
Cruiser

I have samson rolling thunder ovals on my street glide and love them, they sound beautiful and add to the performance also. I have the 1550 (95cu") big bore stage II kit installed and am running the 95cu" stageII high output flash in my ecm. much more enjoyable to ride now than it was with the stock 88cu" engine.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I do not see much difference between the '05s '06s myself. I believe the New Dynas are the ones that need fresh maps.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:41 PM
mooks005
Intermediate

I had the Rinehart Tru Duals installed on my Street Glide and they are awesome. Just loud enough and they have that real Harley sound. I was concerned that they would drown out my radio, but I can still hear it fine. Highly recommended for the Street Glide. One benefit I had not expected, they made a huge reduction in the heat radiation to my legs/thighs. Nice power boost also with the Screaming Eagle Air Filter and a new download.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the Airkit, Race tuner and SE pro performer II and I LOVE THEM!!!! The race tuner cleared up a ton of issues I had with the bike! It even seems to run cooler now that its running richer! Oh and it sounds SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD. Nice deep thumping. Not quite when you get on it but quite enough at idle not to **** my neighbors to much. The race tuner was worth every penny to me!

Old 10-03-2005, 12:04 PM
JRAZ
Cruiser

On my new Street Glide, I put on Vance & Hines True Duals headers with their Oval Slip-ons , did the Stage 1 and ECM down load. It runs great and sounds very mellow. Look on the V & H web site and you can hear the various pipes and slip-ons. Great thing about this setup is that it is virtually "blue proof".

Old 10-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JRAZ

On my new Street Glide, I put on Vance & Hines True Duals headers with their Oval Slip-ons , did the Stage 1 and ECM down load. It runs great and sounds very mellow. Look on the V & H web site and you can hear the various pipes and slip-ons. Great thing about this setup is that it is virtually "blue proof".
Someone told me they are that V&H makes the SE pro performers. Not sure if they really do but I know they sound pretty much the same to me.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Loch
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

I just got the Airkit, Race tuner and SE pro performer II and I LOVE THEM!!!! The race tuner cleared up a ton of issues I had with the bike! It even seems to run cooler now that its running richer! Oh and it sounds SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD. Nice deep thumping. Not quite when you get on it but quite enough at idle not to **** my neighbors to much. The race tuner was worth every penny to me!
Did you create a custom map or did you just load a canned map? If you just loaded a map that came with the software which one?

Quick Reply: exhaust options for 2006 flhxi