Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust options for 2006 flhxi

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: exhaust options for 2006 flhxi

ORIGINAL: Loch

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

I just got the Airkit, Race tuner and SE pro performer II and I LOVE THEM!!!! The race tuner cleared up a ton of issues I had with the bike! It even seems to run cooler now that its running richer! Oh and it sounds SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD. Nice deep thumping. Not quite when you get on it but quite enough at idle not to **** my neighbors to much. The race tuner was worth every penny to me!
Did you create a custom map or did you just load a canned map? If you just loaded a map that came with the software which one?

I had the dealer install it and load the map. So I am not sure what they did. All I know is these things should come setup like this stock!!! WOW what a diffrence in it's driveablity. It's pulls harder on top end for sure, I didn't notice much on the bottom end. Before I got the Tuner doing 60 on the highway was brutial! My hands would get so numb from the vibrations I would have to pull over after an hour, it was nutz. Now I ride at 85-90 and its smooth as glass!

Old 10-05-2005, 12:40 AM
george liles
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the Samson turn downs on my glide. The dealer says that they will not stand behind a $150.00 download because I don't have Screamin Eagle pipes. Any idea on what I should do? The only other add that I will be putting on is the air box so it can get more air.
Thanks,
George

Old 10-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Otisroundtree
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Thunderheader slip ons, screamin eagle air...At bartels in Marina del rey, they just download the lates map to make it run hot. Those were the service guys excat words...that it will run loud and faster. They did not lie, the pipes are load, I love it and I can still here my music when at freeway speeds.
06 Black Cherry SG

Old 10-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

I just ordered a set of KhromeWerks HP+ mufflers, Ness Big Sucker Stage I, and Power Commander. I will have everything on Monday and can't wait to install them on the new Glide...

Jumping on the S. Glide after riding the V-Rod I need more POWER and SOUND.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
lusodom
6th Gear

I have an 06 flhx picked up 9/22/06 road 500 miles the first wk.-end put rhinhart true duel's on screamin eagle air box power commander . What a differance , sounds like a Harley should sound and has a lot more power than stock. A pleasure to ride.this is my fourth harley since 2000. THe other three where road kings,great bikes,but this bike really is the" Cats ***!"

Old 10-07-2005, 10:48 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

I just got the Airkit, Race tuner and SE pro performer II and I LOVE THEM!!!! The race tuner cleared up a ton of issues I had with the bike! It even seems to run cooler now that its running richer! Oh and it sounds SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD. Nice deep thumping. Not quite when you get on it but quite enough at idle not to **** my neighbors to much. The race tuner was worth every penny to me!
You have great taste I'm going the same exact setup[sm=bling.gif]