Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2015 Road Glide Special, corrupt GPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016 | 12:55 AM
roc2it
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hammz

OK fine. You know how it works. You know it wasn't a user error because you know how the GPS works and you read the manual.

You should know that it's not a software issue since you are running the same version as your buddies.

Guess you should probably find a new dealer to fix it for you? One that knows the unit is NOT a Garmin! And knows how to verify satellite signals are strong enough to give a correct set of location coordinates.

BTW -

If the unit picks up at least 3 satellites, it will find its' location correctly. If it does that, then the issue is OPERATOR ERROR. But since we've been able to rule that out already, guess the dealer will need to replace the radio?

Good Luck. You're gonna need it.
I want to know if a new Garmin will Bluetooth to the Boom? For some reason Waze on my S7 Edge will not send to the radio.

Old 08-10-2016 | 11:06 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by roc2it
I want to know if a new Garmin will Bluetooth to the Boom? For some reason Waze on my S7 Edge will not send to the radio.
The HD Infotainment system only has 2 BT profiles: the HSP profile which allows 2-way for telephone calls and the A2DP profile which allows music streaming in stereo. In both cases the HD unit acts as the slave device. If the Garmin device uses the A2DP profile & is master, it may be possible, but I am unaware of anyone that has made that work.

Old 12-29-2022 | 03:43 AM
HDYanni
Stage I

Did you end of working out the fault, Mine is doing the exact same, I can't use if for Navigation, Where I am located to what the map is showing is out by 100 kilometre or so.
I have hard reset, downloaded new software, dealer can not fix it. May time for replacment

Old 12-29-2022 | 05:15 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain

Use the instructions in post 10 to check your gps signal. You should be able to see how many satellites you are picking up and how strong the signals are. If possible, compare it to another bike in the same location. If you have a significant difference in your signal or number of satellites then I'd be looking at the gps antenna and wiring. I'm not sure if there are any diagnostic steps to let you determine if it's the antenna or the Boom itself without swapping a known good antenna once the wiring has been verified as ok.