Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

longest one day run

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:20 AM
ozaiss
|
Intermediate
Default longest one day run

I have riden many Bikes. The funny thing is that I have ridden my sportster just as many one day miles as my touring bike(street glide). I just wondered what is the most miles that you have ridden in one day? It is only a question, do not take it as a proving ground how manly you are. I have know men and women that have ridden the U.S. in all sorts of two wheels. It is only a question? If you asked me this question my totall miles in one day is 732 from tenn to daytona,fl.

The following users liked this post:
WVHARLEEMANN (10-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2007 | 03:44 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Default RE: longest one day run

Back when I was a lot younger I did 400 on my Honda Interceptor in one day. I had a huge layoff with bike riding since then. I bought my Road Glide last May, because of health issues. I knew thatIn a few years, I will no longer be able to ride. I always wanted a Harley andI figured I should get one and ride it while I still can. I'm so glad I did buy It, been a great time. But It has caused a lot of problems with my so called wife, but I'm at the point now I just ignore her, and wish she would just go away. She won't get on and ride with me so the He11 with her. My stepdaughter likes to ride with me so that's cool. Here's why the long storry. I sent my seat out to Allen at Mean City Cycles In the hopes of I'll be able to ride out to Lake Havasu City in AZ to see my Mom and Dad. They moved out there from PA over 3 years ago (haven't seen them since they moved)and I really would like to be able to ride out there and see them. Yeah I could probably save up some cash andfly out but I'd really like to be able to ride out there and give my Pops a ride on my bike. Problem is I have a hard time being able to stay on the bike for more than 2 hrs at a time. I can'tafford to take 2 weeks to ride out there to see them,and 2 weeks back home to PA. I'm hoping this all changes with the new seat from Allen atMean City Cycles. So my point is I'd like to be able to say I can suck it up and ride all day, but after a short time in the saddle I'm in so much pain I can't wait to get off the bike. [:@] So I gues it's about 2 hrs or 120 miles for me these days.

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:48 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

1 Day.... 1219 miles - Nashville - Albuquerque

Old 05-21-2007 | 03:55 AM
wearyrider
5th Gear

Mine was just short of 1100 miles - from Detroit to Julesburg, Co on a Honda 750 - too many years ago.
A couple years ago - did 950 on a GoldWing. Now I've got the Ultra Classic but not looking to break any old records.
I just had my seat done by Allen at MeanCityCycles - it came back perfect - very comfortable. I added a backrest and now its a sweet ride.

Old 05-21-2007 | 04:02 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: wearyrider

I added a backrest and now its a sweet ride.
See, I'm thinking that could buy me some extra time in the saddle. So you reccommend one? Thanks much.

Old 05-21-2007 | 05:01 AM
hotpursuit
Road Captain

1000 miles back in 1995..... 600ish 6 months ago...back rests are definately a huge help

Old 05-21-2007 | 05:01 AM
Mokey
Intermediate

810 in one day on my 1993 xlh 883 with a two gallon tank. Camped in a tent day before and that night. Left Amarillo TX before surise and set up camp somewhere between Memphis and Nashville that night.

1062 in one day on my 2004 FLHR. Had to get the iron butt patch. Left SC at 7am, went to Atlanta, on to CHatanooga, over to Nashville, Up to Lousiville, over to lexington, down to Knoxville and back to SC

DId 1850 miles in two days once, went to Niagara Falls, cut across Canada to Detroit and back to SC.

Old 05-21-2007 | 08:07 AM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser

Last year from southern In. to Amarillo Tx. about 1100 miles on a stock road glide w/ backrest, yesterday about 680 from Myrtle beach to In.

Old 05-21-2007 | 08:52 AM
onephsyco1
Road Captain

522 miles
I have A bad back also , And Soreatic Arthrytis ( Spell ?)
So at least every 45 minutes . I need A break , To get off &
stretch !

Jack

Old 05-21-2007 | 09:09 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

at 18 rode from nm to tenn 800 sense then only thing close was in march about 800 mile twice going to daytona for bike week at 44. Back rest,lowers,fat hwy pegs,cruise,radio..ect made a big difference. You dont realise how much these things help untill you use them. In march the adjustable back rest saved me when i got a sharp pain in lower back and was able to adjust forward for awhile til cramp/pain subsided. upuntil then was not shure if adj backrest was usefull. I bet "good custom" seat would really work out for you bryan. good luck

Quick Reply: longest one day run