Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TD Loudness factor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:00 AM
05flhpi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart TD Loudness factor?

I am narrowing down my exhaust decision, (i never researched something this much before) I can't find any bikes around me that I can listen to and tell its a Rinehart system, (i'm always looking for the black end caps.) A LOT of people here say the sound is awsome, but it seems everyone has their opinion on loudness...My dad thought my STOCK exhaust was loud...

Scale of one to ten? 1 being stock and 10 being strait pipes...Thanks everyone.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior
Default RE: Rinehart TD Loudness factor?

Well, it depends on the build of your engine too. I have Rineharts on a 88" with 204 cams and my father has a 110" with stock cams and his is a little louder then mine for obvious reasons however the 204's did increase the volume of mine a bit and gave it a different loping sound then both our bikes stock. Rineharts tend to have a deeper, bassy tone at idle then most bagger pipes ive heard but they are kinda mellow at around 60 mph. I'd say around 5 on your scale for cruising sound and for idle sound they seem a little louder to me then most others maybe 6 or 7. Open them up with the throttle and easily get a 7 on the scale. Gotta admit though my father's 110" when he cracks the throttle open on the road it gets easily an 8. Rattled the hell outta my ears when he went by me yesterday.

Ok, thats my opinion based on your scale for loudiness but what makes the rineharts sound "awesome" like you hear from others is the fact that they do sound different when you riding behind someone with them. They have a deeper "growl" sound to them on the road when getting on the throttle. It's hard to explain ya just gotta hear them sometime for yourself.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say a 4 or 5 with the 2" Quiet Baffles installed. I wrapped mine with fiberglass and they are very mellow when cruising. I think they are great!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:42 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with Nadil, about 5-6 on the loudness scale. I've had them on my RK Classic since it was new and they do sound awesome.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:22 AM
texas725
Outstanding HDF Member

Have them installed on my 07 Ultra. Not to loud in town if you take it easy but nice mellow sound on the highway.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is nothing else that sounds like Rineharts.....I would give them about a 7 untill you really crank on it and then maybe an 8.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
wishbonecg
Cruiser

standard baffles on an 88" = 4.5 and as mentioned earlier, sound outstanding
quiet " " " " " " 1.5 and IMHO are too quiet and I would recommend just staying with the stock exhaust and spending the money on chrome, seats or the like. I bought the new quiet baffles, installed them and my wife said they were too wimpy so I put the standards back on and the Quiets will goon EBay.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 AM
RoadKing06
Advanced

05flhpi,

I have an 06 RKC and have factory head pipe with a dual conversion, Rinehart slip-ons. I had the SE toruing pipes before the Rineharts. The SE were nice sounding but the Rineharts are definately better. Like the others have said, around town is a nice distinctive sound, different from other baggers. A 5 or 6 sound level. When you get on them they are a totally different, a quick lean of your head to either side will remind you of of one of the reasons people buy baggers!

my 2 cents....

Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive just ordered a set for my 07 Ultra which has a stage II 103" kit. A buddy of mine has a set on his 05 EG and the deep sound is what turned me to the Rineharts, and I expect them to be a little louder on mine. Under normal riding, I would say they are a about a 6 on the loudness scale.

John

Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd suggest going down to the HD dealership on a nice day or visit the local HOG chapter on meeting night. Someone is sure to have a set of Rineharts. Mine sound fine--but they'll fire right up under load, so I'd have to rate the loudness factor as "variable." But I sure do like them.

Quick Reply: Rinehart TD Loudness factor?