Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TD Loudness factor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Rinehart TD Loudness factor?

I'd definately rate 'em at a 7 .... and with a hot-throttle probably 8-8.5. You can really hear the 'roar' going under bridges and whatnot where you just can't hear 'em as much cruisin around 70. They sound 'better' behind than riding. They do seem to really mellow out.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:00 PM
07street
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their not loud while cruising however if you hit the throttle they will wake up and bark

I rate the loudness of pipes at a 7 ( wide open throttle)

Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate Rinehearts so much I put them on both my bikes.

Nice deep sound at idle and low rpm.

Loudness around a 6.

Crack the whip and I'd say they go to a 7-7.5.

Nice sound but not obnoxious.

Can't go wrong with RH's.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

With my build, 7 -8 putting around, 8-9 WOT

Old 05-21-2007, 07:21 PM
dpitts
Cruiser

I just about blew the welcome mat hanging around the service dept. asking different owners to crack the throttle. Chose the RH's and after time on the bike on the road and in town - I chose correctly.

8.5 out of 10

10 out of 10 is open dumps that are not real world/everyday useable.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 PM
ezlife
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have-em on my FLHRC, sound great, you won't be disappointed.
I'd say if stock was a 2,thenthese are a5 on your scale, and 7 when you roll-on some throttle.

Go for it!

These pipes make for ezzzzz listen-en.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:16 PM
OH Bob
Cruiser

I'll probably get flamed, but the Rinehart's with the "quieter" baffles are too loud for me. I recently purchased a 2006 RoadGlide with Rinehart True Duals and am actively working on the baffles, to try and quiet them down.

I've ridden BMW's since the mid 80's and am not really into the "noise" scene. On the other hand, I've ridden H-D touring models over the past 13 years and really do appreciate their STOCK muffling systems. Probably because I do a fair amount of touring.

I suppose Rineharts are fine for around town trips, but not for long tours!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: OH Bob

I'll probably get flamed, but the Rinehart's with the "quieter" baffles are too loud for me. I recently purchased a 2006 RoadGlide with Rinehart True Duals and am actively working on the baffles, to try and quiet them down.

I've ridden BMW's since the mid 80's and am not really into the "noise" scene. On the other hand, I've ridden H-D touring models over the past 13 years and really do appreciate their STOCK muffling systems. Probably because I do a fair amount of touring.

That is why I just changed from Rinehart TD's to the LSR Blackholes, the Rineharts were just too loud. Had them on my last bike and they were fine, but on this bagger withthe fairing and such reflecting all noise, plus the engine build = too much volume. The Blackholes are great, louder than stock, if stock was a 2, then these are a 4.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:25 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dalton

ORIGINAL: OH Bob

That is why I just changed from Rinehart TD's to the LSR Blackholes, the Rineharts were just too loud. Had them on my last bike and they were fine, but on this bagger withthe fairing and such reflecting all noise, plus the engine build = too much volume. The Blackholes are great, louder than stock, if stock was a 2, then these are a 4.
Thats exactly why I'am looking for something different, the rineharts do sound great but with a built motor they are LOUD. It would be nice to find something with the performance of the rineharts, but not so loud, and retain the true duals.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

I personally suggest you go to a function at your local dealer and listen to all the bikes that pull in and when you find the sound u like go talk to the owner. Every rider likes to talk about his/her bike. That is the best way IMO that way you hear them firsthand.

Quick Reply: Rinehart TD Loudness factor?