Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016 | 12:31 PM
butta-bing
|
Intermediate
Default Security

I have owned the bike since new 2009 and Never set the code for security just let the fob unlock it , WELL yesterday something strange happened.

The bike had been sitting on a trickle charger as always , for 3 weeks this time.
battery fully charged, new batteries in BOTH FOBS all I get is the flashers telling me that the security system on the bike has locked me out.

I KNOW ITS NOT THE FOBS have tried them both. I know the battery on the bike is fine. I also know that im old stupid and have no clue. Any help ?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 07-03-2016 | 12:41 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

this is a classic error- not knowing the pin.

you can try calling the dealer- they often use a default code such as 11111 or their zip code or something so their sales guys can override the alarm on the floor- or the last digits of the vin
my dealer used 12121

as has been posted here a thousand times- take the time to set and know the alarm pin
that;s for the next guy

recheck your fob batteries, make sure the battery is the right way up.

the alarm can be confused by too many fobs nearby or other sources of radio frequency ( mobil speed pump)
try pushing the bike 50 feet and try again.

if all else fails, disconnect the bike battery, wait and reconnect

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 07-04-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-03-2016 | 01:11 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member

If you were recently under your seat mucking about with your battery it's possible you jarred the wires loose from the security module. Disconnect and reconnect the module's wiring connector to it to ensure integrity. This has happened to me before and that was the culprit. Also, Delphi designed a crappy battery holder in the fob. Make sure the battery cell is seated correctly and burnish the contact tangs and circuit board pads with an eraser from an ink pen. These are also weak points and will prevent the fobs from seeing battery voltage.

Old 07-03-2016 | 02:29 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior

Starting without Key Fob
1) If necessary, verify the current 5-digit PIN. #
2) Turn ignition key to IGNITION.
3) Quickly (within 2 seconds of turning ignition key) hold both turn signal switches in until confirmation.
Five dashes will appeardydd in the oddometer window.
4) Enter first digit (a) in the PIN by pressing left turn switch a times.
The first digit (a) in the odometer will be the first digit in the PIN.
5) Press right turn switch 1 time.
The first digit is stored and the dash will flash.
6) Repeat steps 4-5 until PIN is entered.
7) Smart Security System is disarmed.

Finding PIN
Don't know that this will work without the fob being close by:
1) Set your kill switch to off
2) Quickly turn the ignition switch on, off, on, off, on
3) Immediately press and let go of the left turn signal switch twice (press, let go, press, let go)
4) Press and let go the right signal once
5) Current PIN will be displayed on odometer
?
3- Within three seconds, simultaneously press both the left and the right turn signal switches.
4- After the turn signals flash, The system enters the transport mode. With the fob removed, the motorcycle can be moved without setting off the alarm.
Just reset your chirp mode. 1. With the fob present, the ignition switch to ignition & the system disarmed, turn ignition switch off. 2. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch to ignition. 3.wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the ignition switch off. 4. When the ignition arms (2 flashes of the turn signal)immediately turn the ignition switch to ignition, and wait for the system to disarm.

The following users liked this post:
GalvTexGuy (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016 | 03:50 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by K Melancon

Finding PIN
Don't know that this will work without the fob being close by:
It won't.
Without a "working" FOB, you will not be able to display the current code.

If you could, the security system wouldn't be much good.
Anybody could just walk up to your bike and get the code.

Old 07-03-2016 | 04:16 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior

Correct you need the fob to find your pin. If it has never been reset it's probably 11111. So all reading this go reset your pin to your personal pin not the factory pin of 11111. Anyone can go start your bike if you don't change it.

Old 07-03-2016 | 04:25 PM
Budda109
Road Captain

Dealers in this area use the zip code from where the dealer is. or it is 11111. If you never changed it. I believe is more likely it is unplugged as stated before that is why the fob with good battery's won't work. IMO

Old 07-05-2016 | 09:30 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior

I just bought a 09 and have been doing some research on the alarm code and resetting.
The information I have found pointed towards a different code.
When I checked mine (and reset) it was 31313 (like all the information I found stated) previous owner had never reset it and did not know what it was.
Other than a lot of extra talking...... in the video

U-tube video:

Directions (from another site): I followed the video...

Setting or Changing Your Security System AlarmOverride PIN

Button less fobs (Smart FOB)

1. Select 5 digit code ( each digit being a 1 thru 9)and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present,turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signalswitch 3 times.

4. Press Right turn signalswitch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times.Current PIN will appear in the odometer. Thefirst digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PINby pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current inthe odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PINby pressing left turn signal switch (b)times.

8. Press right turn signal 1time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN bypressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time andrelease.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current inthe odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PINby pressing left turn signal switch (d)times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time andrelease.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PINby pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current inthe odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time andrelease.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignitionkey to OFF.
* The odometer will returnto mileage display.
**Turning the ignition toOFF stores the new pin in the module.

Push Button fobs

1. Select 5 digit code ( each digit being a 1 thru 9)and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present,turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signalswitch 3 times.

4. Press button on fob twice
Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit of the new PIN by pressingleft turn signal until the desired number appears.
Press button on fob twice to enter number.

6. Enter second digit of the new PIN bypressing left turn signal until the desired numberappears.

7. Enter third digit of the new PIN by pressingleft turn signal until the desired number appears.

8. Enter forth digit of the new PIN by pressingleft turn signal until the desired number appears.

9. Enter fifth digit of the new PIN by pressingleft turn signal until the desired number appears.

Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new security PIN.

Using the Security Alarm PIN Override to Start Your Harley Davidson

1. Turn the IGN key to IGNITION and immediately hold both turn signal switchesuntil 5 dashes appear in the odometer window.

2. Enter the first digit of your PIN (a) by pressing the leftturn signal switch (a) times.

3. Press the right turn signal switch 1time to move to the next digit.

4. Enter the second digit of your PIN (b)by pressing the left turn signal switch (b)times.

5. Press the right turn signal switch 1time to move to the next digit.

6. Enter the third digit of your PIN (c)by pressing the left turn signal switch (c)times.

7. Press the right turn signal switch 1time to move to the next digit.

8. Enter the forth digit of your PIN (d)by pressing the left turn signal switch (d)times.

9. Press the right turn signal switch 1time to move to the next digit.

10. Enter the fifth digit of your PIN (e)by pressing the left turn signal switch (e)times.

11. Press the right turn signal switch 1time to move to the next digit.

12. Press the right turn signal switch one time and thesecurity system alarm is turned off.

Last edited by GRWHD; 07-05-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2016 | 09:41 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member

If your dealer is not helpful in telling you what they set the security code to, you can take the bike to them and they can reset.

My dealer asked if I want to reset my code, they can do easily on their computer.

Old 07-05-2016 | 09:45 AM
K Melancon
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RKZen
If your dealer is not helpful in telling you what they set the security code to, you can take the bike to them and they can reset.

My dealer asked if I want to reset my code, they can do easily on their computer.
You can find it and do it yourself in 3 minutes by following the directions. The directions is also located in your owners manual.

Quick Reply: Security