Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received and Installed Sena's 20S Infotainment Clamp Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 10:09 PM
PSRumors
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Received and Installed Sena's 20S Infotainment Clamp Kit

Received and installed my 20S HELMET CLAMP KIT FOR CB/AUDIO OF HARLEY-DAVIDSON - http://www.sena.com/product/20s-helm...rley-davidson/ - today

The wife and I like to be able to communicate but the wife wants to interface with her phone and I with mine. I also wanted to be able to interface with the bike so I can use the CB and other voice commands.

For the past month I have been using the AKE device discussed here - https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...h-ake-hc2.html It has worked fairly well but switching between mono and stereo when riding with the group I ended up just leaving the device in mono which left a little to be desired with the sound. Also the sidetone is quite loud with the AKE device

The new clamp kit while wired works extremely well. The audio comes through in stereo which sounds great. The people I call never complained about the call quality but now say it is even better. Voice commands seem to work even better and the sidetone is not nearly as loud or interrupting.

If you can live with the wire, I believe this takes the infotainment system to the next level.

It allows;

Rider to be paired to the bike for all functions
Rider and passenger to be connected via bluetooth intercom
Passenger to be able to interface with own music / phone

One item to note - if you do pick up this kit you must use one of the microphones that comes with the kit

Last edited by PSRumors; 06-25-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:32 PM
TomNJ
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a couple of questions - I bought two of these and thought I'd be able to use the on-bike intercom system vs the Sena Bluetooth intercom but can't seem to get that to work. Am I right from your post that the only intercom is via the Sena? My riding buddy often connects via Sena intercom and there have been awkward times that my girlfriend is on too. Like to avoid that.

Also, when I used my phone via this set up, the person on the other end could hear me but I couldn't hear them. I had taken the Sena module off - does that have to be on to use the phone through the Boom radio?

Thanks much

Tom