Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removeable Tour Pack for Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005 | 12:26 PM
Hoyt
|
Stage III
Default Removeable Tour Pack for Ultra

Hi all, I'm a new poster here but have been lurking for a while. Thanks to all for the great information in this forum.

I have an 05 Ultra and would like to use the docking hardware to have a removeable Tour Pack. I installed an am/fm antenna in the fairing already and the CB would only be used when the Tour Pak was on and I am travelling, so the antennas are not an issue. But what about all the other wiring? Is this more hassle than it is worth?

Old 10-01-2005 | 12:32 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Removeable Tour Pack for Ultra

I made my classic quick detach and it is no problem. If you don't use the CB it shouldn't be a big deal. The only other wires would be for the rear speakers.

It sure make the dressers cleaner looking when you do this.

Remember that you have to do something with the license plate bracket when you do this. I went with the HD laydown lic. plate bracket. this makes the bike look even cleaner when the tour pac is off.

Regards,

Bill

Old 10-01-2005 | 02:34 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Should be 3 quick detach plugs and the cb ant is all that you would have to disconnect. then you just stow them under the seat. Also you might want to consider a wall mount for the tourpack so it will be out of harms way. you can get them on eglidegoodies

Old 10-03-2005 | 06:40 PM
Feroce
Cruiser

I installed the docking hardware to have a removeable Tour-Pak but I have a problem the rear speakers hit on the passenger grab handles when I tilt the tour-pak to remove it. I have to remove the seat then the grab handles then the tour-pak. You will have 5 connectors to hide under the seat plus the headset connector. 2 rear seat speakers, lights, FM antenna, CB antenna.

But it looks nice.

Ed

Old 10-03-2005 | 11:46 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

I just bought a 99' Ultra with docking hardware for the tourpac. The last guy didn't even use the passenger handles so I've left them off and none of my passengers have missed them.

Old 10-04-2005 | 09:10 AM
Feroce
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Wally

I just bought a 99' Ultra with docking hardware for the tourpac. The last guy didn't even use the passenger handles so I've left them off and none of my passengers have missed them.
I have though of doing the same.

Ed

Old 10-04-2005 | 12:15 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Those grab handles were the first things I took off of my bike. If the tour pac is on you don't need then, and if the tour pac is off they are butt ugly. If you are wanting a striped down look, there is no need to have the grab handles.

Just an opinion.

Regards,

Bill