Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearwater darla lights installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:45 PM
mykaos
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

On my other bike (the GTL) I struggled w/ the price point of the Clearwaters for a couple of years until I got caught out well into the dark, in a light rain, wandering around OR between Carlton and Lincoln City due to bad planning on my part. I made up my mind then and there I was ordering a set as soon as I got back to AZ. Additionally I do A LOT of night riding because riding in 120* temps here in AZ just sucks and that's what works best for my current situation in life as well.
They take night rides from marginally acceptable to HOLY S#@!... this is a blast because I can see!!!
I commute by bike every day as well here in the Phoenix area. Cagers notice these lights...period. I still get the idiots that pull out in front of me, make left turns in front of ....BUT.. at no where near the frequency it was before Darlas.
Spendy???...sure.. but I put it in the same category as the Bell Helmets add from the early / mid 80's that was promoting one of the most expensive helmets on the market at the time. It had a price point around $1000.00 (IIRC). The add was simple. It was a picture of the helmet, retail price below it, below that was the phrase that went something like: "how much is your life worth".
A year and a half later, I'm still EXTREMELY happy w/ the Darlas on the BMW. Yes, the Ultra is going to get a set as well.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:14 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Clearwater does make excellent LED Lights. I bought the Darla's then the Erica's about a year later. They were incredible when I was going to Alaska.
I have a BMW GSA and plan to install just the Erica's on it.

The following users liked this post:
Junaid Khan (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 AM
Junaid Khan
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi1300
1st pic is the rotary dial, decided to mount it sideways so I can easily access it with my thumb to adjust brightness if needed

I bought the same for my road king and installed, it sure takes attention of the car in-front. I was not able to connect the high beam though. ‘lol have to figure the wiring some day.