Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Reverse Rotors?

On the right side of the bike (the air cleaner side) will say right on it. On the left (horn side), it says left. The newer '07 have it done already. Mine is a '05 and I had some silicon/foam put it the cast wheels and it fixed the problem. Had the rotors swapped anyways, under warranty, and the other brake noise I had is gone also. And I have no squeal when backing up, but probally has something to do with the silicon/foam. Not sure, but I am much happier now. My warranty ends in Oct., hope any more issues that may come up, happen with in that time...OR not at all.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 AM
megawayne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot. I figured the stealer just screwed up lol.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

62,000 miles on my 01 Ultra, replaced rotors due to brake squeal. New rotors, new pads, boy was I pissed when I went down the road, hit the binders and SQUEAL!!! Went straight to the dealer to bitch and they printed me a copy of the technical service bulletin (TSB). I went home and swapped sides, no noise! Didn't believe them til I did it, and it worked. Also make sure you time the cross drillings in the rotors so they match side to side.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Pawnbroker

How can you tell?
These have been reversed and are now on the correct way. The slots and holes that are milled into the rotors are aligned and match each other.

You can see how they were installed from the factory in my sig pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/BCE407DF5D0D4E07A9441BF4F20C8417.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 02:28 AM
JohnC88
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

On the right side of the bike (the air cleaner side) will say right on it. On the left (horn side), it says left. The newer '07 have it done already.
That is not correct. My 07 did not come with them reversed. The service manager said they will reverse them though.

Edit: OK, I just went out and looked. They do appear to be reversed already. But they do squeak and the service manager did say they would reverse them. If reversing is supposed to stop the squeak then why do mine squeak? And how will reversing them (back to normal?) fix the porblem?

Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I was told, all of the post strike (recent) '07's came swapped. I could be wrong, wont be the first or last. But it did improve things for my ride.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM
JohnC88
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

From what I was told, all of the post strike (recent) '07's came swapped. I could be wrong, wont be the first or last. But it did improve things for my ride.
No, I think you are right (see my edit above). I just don't understand why they said they would reverse them (back to normal) or why they would have been reversed at the factory to begin with. I'm confused.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
megawayne
Cruiser

Mine is a late production 05/07 and it was reversed when they got it. It is basically brand new. I picked it up tuesday and waited on them to finish prepping it.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
stvmike
Cruiser

Just had Mine done at the dealer two weeks ago and it stopped the squeak thank god. It was driving me nuts!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:34 PM
swhite916
Novice

I had mine done, but they aligned the long sweeping holes, but not the round ones (where the pads contact). Should the smaller round holes be aligned also?

Quick Reply: Reverse Rotors?