Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with AdTec Boots?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016 | 01:03 AM
steelerdude1
|
Grand HDF Member
Default Any experience with AdTec Boots?

I'm looking for 16" high engineer/or harness boots. I figure if I get toots that go ver the calf, it will reduce or eliminate the cat calf burn.

Not a whole lot of options out there for this style boot.

Anyone try this brand? - they seem to get mixed reviews on Amazon.they are cheap enough to want to give them a go. About 1/2 of what other brands are charging for a tall boot.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 06-05-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2016 | 07:12 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I'm looking for 16" high engineer/or harness boots. I figure if I get toots that go ver the calf, it will reduce or eliminate the cat calf burn.

Anyone try this brand? - they seem to get mixed reviews on Amazon.they are cheap enough to want to give them a go. About 12 of what other brands are charging for a tall boot.

Don't know about the boots, but the best way to eliminate calf burn is to get rid of the catalytic converter.

Old 06-05-2016 | 11:09 AM
steelerdude1
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by nhrider1
Don't know about the boots, but the best way to eliminate calf burn is to get rid of the catalytic converter.
Yes that is a consideration, but $130 for a pair of boots vs $1000+ for headers a tuner and a tune is a big difference. - not willing to gut the cat due to potential warranty issues, and the fact that this bike runs fantastic in it current form.

I need a new pair of boots anyway, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I have never heard of this brand, and wondering if they are good boots

Old 06-05-2016 | 11:16 PM
Buffalolake
Cruiser

I have a pair and like them. I have the 16" engineers. They are a bit heavy and clunky when walking around, but they are great once you are on the bike. I can back the bike up better with these than any other boots that I have tried. It's also nice not having your pant legs blow up while riding. The leather is high quality, it is very thick and soft. The finish is great and the soles are excellent. I had looked into Chippewa boots before I bought these, but I couldn't find the Chippewa's in wide widths. The only real negative thing about them (other than the weight while walking around) is the dye that they used. They used a bit too much dye on them, and it will stain your socks and pant legs. But the dye does come out easily in the laundry. All in all, they are my favorite riding boot.

Last edited by Buffalolake; 06-05-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2016 | 06:26 AM
steelerdude1
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Buffalolake
I have a pair and like them. I have the 16" engineers. They are a bit heavy and clunky when walking around, but they are great once you are on the bike. I can back the bike up better with these than any other boots that I have tried. It's also nice not having your pant legs blow up while riding. The leather is high quality, it is very thick and soft. The finish is great and the soles are excellent. I had looked into Chippewa boots before I bought these, but I couldn't find the Chippewa's in wide widths. The only real negative thing about them (other than the weight while walking around) is the dye that they used. They used a bit too much dye on them, and it will stain your socks and pant legs. But the dye does come out easily in the laundry. All in all, they are my favorite riding boot.
Thanks for the info! Is the fit true to size or do the run bigger or smaller? I found them on overstock dot comm for 122 with free shipping.

Old 06-06-2016 | 10:22 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had my harness boots for 6 years. Wear them mostly for riding but will do yard work or whatever in them too. They were instantly comfortable when I bought them. Not too water proof though. I think I paid $60 or so at the local bike apparel shop.

Old 06-06-2016 | 11:56 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by steelerdude1

Anyone try this brand? - they seem to get mixed reviews on Amazon.they are cheap enough to want to give them a go. About 1/2 of what other brands are charging for a tall boot.
Look into John Deere. boots. I got a great pair that goes up to below the knee, steel toe and heavy duty. Cost less than 200

Old 06-06-2016 | 12:00 PM
Buffalolake
Cruiser

Thanks for the info! Is the fit true to size or do the run bigger or smaller?

My pair is true to size.