Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True track increased vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:22 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Default True track increased vibration?

Does anybody running a true track notice any increased vibration?

Old 05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Puzzled
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True track increased vibration?

It shouldn't but it can as it is isolating the motor/trans movement. Something to check is if you have the link bar mis-adjusted.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

nope

Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None here. I'd call and talk to them, the one time I did, when I got off the phone, I felt good and knew I could call them back about anything.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:52 PM
rideon
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replys guys, I have the alloy art txr stabalizer right now but I find I get too much vibration with it..... looking for a better alternative.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Puzzled
Banned

Try a $100 set of Sta-Bo bushings.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:08 AM
ffb
Tourer

it may well be.

when i met the service mgr. for hd at the daytona exhibit i had vibe issues with the new rb balckhole .

he then walked thru a bike and explained that all rubber mounted engines have a space envelope around them of ,i think he said , 30 cm.

sure enough i got on my knees and found some areas where the rb exhaust came in contact with the frame ,and in some places it did not ,but was too close to it ,and this meant that under acceleration,or high rpm,s ,the pipes move around or some expansion occurs ,and thus contact with the frame .

i have resolved my vibe issues to some degree .

therefore ,when you attach to the bike any type of brace between the engine and the frame ,there is a contact point and the air envelope around the engine is violated and vibes will come thru.

in the case of true track ,and others ,you are in fact violating this space and thus you get vibes .

also, in an article in baggers or is it american baggers , where they mounted thealloy art , the magazine states that in their test the vibes did in fact come into play.
it also states that the degree of vibration is directly related to the amount of handling improvement you dial in thru the **** that adjusts this .

the better the handling the more vibes,and if you release the **** out ,the vibes will dimish. and so will the handling .

so, if you are planning to ride the dragon ,make it tight ,and once you go home release it .

Old 05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
rideon
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ffb

it may well be.

when i met the service mgr. for hd at the daytona exhibit i had vibe issues with the new rb balckhole .

he then walked thru a bike and explained that all rubber mounted engines have a space envelope around them of ,i think he said , 30 cm.

sure enough i got on my knees and found some areas where the rb exhaust came in contact with the frame ,and in some places it did not ,but was too close to it ,and this meant that under acceleration,or high rpm,s ,the pipes move around or some expansion occurs ,and thus contact with the frame .

i have resolved my vibe issues to some degree .

therefore ,when you attach to the bike any type of brace between the engine and the frame ,there is a contact point and the air envelope around the engine is violated and vibes will come thru.

in the case of true track ,and others ,you are in fact violating this space and thus you get vibes .

also, in an article in baggers or is it american baggers , where they mounted thealloy art , the magazine states that in their test the vibes did in fact come into play.
it also states that the degree of vibration is directly related to the amount of handling improvement you dial in thru the **** that adjusts this .

the better the handling the more vibes,and if you release the **** out ,the vibes will dimish. and so will the handling .

so, if you are planning to ride the dragon ,make it tight ,and once you go home release it .
Excellent points, but I think at alloy art stabalizer is a POS. If I have it tightened up enough so it actually does something I can't see out the mirrors from the vibration, if I back it off it doesn't do much. I think its a bad design because for it to work its got to be tight and then it dosen't let the motor shake back and forth in it's mounts. The true track design looks like it doesn't interfere with the fore and aft movement just the lateral movement, which is the problem were trying to fix. Thats why I was curios if anybody could notice any extra vibes with the true track installed. The true track was what I originally orderded, but my dealer couldn't get one for some reason.[:@]

Old 05-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i love my true track...your assumptions are correct as to movement allowed and movement we are tryin to limit...it was a good mod for me...however when i combined it with the sta-bo, it shook too much for me so i took the sta-bo's off

i do agree the driveline was designed to float in rubber...too much limitin aint good for a glide..IMO thats how come its called a Glide