Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Brand Drivers backrest mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 12:33 PM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley Brand Drivers backrest mount

I just installed a new Harley branded seat on my 2007 FLHRSE3 and now my drivers backrest appears to be too short to reach the bracket to "snap" it in. I looked on Harley's site, and I dont see any other type of bracket or drivers backrest, so is that to assume the mounting bracket under the seat can be adjusted for height?

Thanks
GLen

Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by adkg12
I just installed a new Harley branded seat on my 2007 FLHRSE3 and now my drivers backrest appears to be too short to reach the bracket to "snap" it in. I looked on Harley's site, and I dont see any other type of bracket or drivers backrest, so is that to assume the mounting bracket under the seat can be adjusted for height?

Thanks
GLen

As I recall when I installed my back rest the bracket was adjustable forwards and backwards to some degree....maybe an inch or two? Maybe adjustment forward or backward would help your situation or possibly, if necessary, you might be able to raise your bracket with washers.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:02 PM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGNOT
As I recall when I installed my back rest the bracket was adjustable forwards and backwards to some degree....maybe an inch or two? Maybe adjustment forward or backward would help your situation or possibly, if necessary, you might be able to raise your bracket with washers.
Yea, I was thinking that.. Its ok with the forward and backward location, its the depth from the top of the seat to the mount. Looks like the backrest is going to be buried in the seat! LOL...I will tinker with it this evening...I did have to order the taller passengers backrest though! This seat sits REALLY high.. Think I might have to shave some from inside the leg area (inner thigh) to make it feel right.. looks great though!
Thanks
GLen