Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true dual or not true dual

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:31 AM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: true dual or not true dual

ORIGINAL: Bill918

Go back to your F%$*ng dealer and ask if they honor warranties on their Softails, Dynas, and Sporty's, because they ALL come with true duals from the factory! He really tried to feed you a load of crap. As long as you are maintaining enough back pressure so as not to adversely effect the valves, the engine should run forever, in other words, use baffles. I switched to true duals to get rid of the heat issue and am glad I did. Much easier on the right thigh, especially with my narrower Mustang seat. I would go for it. If the dealer does not honor the warranty he better be able to show that the mod directly was responsible for the failure.
No doubt about it, that dealer did run a line of crap, but actually, Softails, Dynas and Sporty's all have hidden crossovers in the stock exhaust. This equalizes the cylinder pressures and gives the exhaust better scavenging. Like you said, use baffles and you won't have a problem. I've run both two into one setups and true duals and in my opinion, the two into one makes more low-end torque, but the true duals sound alot meaner.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Shove a ball of cotton up your left nostril and breath in-and-out fast through the nose....then take the cotton out of the left nostril and try it again....get the picture?.....and don't ever forget that for a warranty to be voided under Federal law, the VOID-ER must prove that what you changed/did caused the problem that you want fixed....

Old 05-19-2007, 10:17 AM
slick813
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet if you had asked the dealer to install them for you there wouldn't have been any problem.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:31 AM
floridian46
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dynas and softails do have a factory crossover, you just dont notice it like on the baggers..

Old 05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
ezlife
Road Master

Rinehart TDs, Arlen Ness stage 1 a/c, PCIII.
Bike runs cooler, sounds 10x better than stock, and getsup and goeslike it was meant to.

Dealer service dept. had no problem with upgrade and warranty, just asked to see all that was needed was done (remapping, etc.)

Its your bike, do to it what you want! Just do it right!

Old 05-20-2007, 08:42 AM
pete01
Intermediate

Softails/Dynas have crossover pipes. They are connected to each other, not true duals.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:18 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Balderdash! Go get your true duals, and make sure you tell your dealer your buying them elsewhere! Then get an air cleaner kit and complete your stage 1 with a remap. That will give you all the sound, coller temps anda hp/tq improvement. Cheers!

Old 05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
UltraBagginCharlie
Intermediate

Fulsac Dual conversion and straight cut Wild Pigs run great on my 07 Ultra

Old 05-20-2007, 04:01 PM
skinhead
Cruiser

I dont know about all this jumble , I have a '95 Sporty that has had straight drags on it since it was new, and I run it like im at a raceway. I have never had a problem with it and I have alot of miles on it . So I dont see how he can say that it will hurt the engine.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Timex
Tourer

Let's see .... Bike runs opened-up. More air in, less restriction going out, not as lean when ECM is changed = cooler temps. Where's the problem?

Quick Reply: true dual or not true dual