Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotune?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 03:10 PM
glider1993
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Autotune?????

Looking at adding a Autotune to my PCV. Is it worth getting the Autotune for the PCV? Doing cam swap soon and with a fuel moto map, this should get me close.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

DynoJet PowerVision is a great way to go. Several vendors to choose from, but Fuel Moto has the best support out there. There is also a full thread about the PowerVision here.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:32 PM
glider1993
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Already have a PCV. I know PV is a good tuner but I don't need to spend $800 if I can spend $350. Is the Auto tune any good for the PCV? The good and the bad.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

I had it, you can run a few sessions and lock in the map or you can just leave it auto tune continuously. I'm using Sepst now, because it came with my new, to me, bike. But I was really impressed with my PCV and AT-100 on my 09 Fatbob.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

I wanted one to go with my PCV but once I had a real good tune, I asked myself, "why?" I put the money I didn't spend in irreplaceable fossil fuel and beer.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:41 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
I wanted one to go with my PCV but once I had a real good tune, I asked myself, "why?" I put the money I didn't spend in irreplaceable fossil fuel and beer.
See that's the thing, I had a good tune, used one that was close, but was it the best tune? Closest Dyno was 5 hours away, used the money I would have spent on the Dyno to buy the AT100. Then I knew I had a better tune.

Different strokes for different folks. If it runs good and your happy, ride. But the progression for getting her dialed in would be, in order of cost....canned map, autotune, Dyno

Old 05-23-2016, 07:42 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry, misread your post. The Autotune for the PCV is a nice addition. Uses the wideband O2 sensors for a much more accurate tune. Nice thing is if you move to a PV you can use most of the Autotune with it.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:58 PM
RonnieC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello. I have a 2013 Wide glide with 255 cams, V&H big shots & a SE breather. I also have a Dyna Jet Power vision. I have trouble finding a map for the cams. I unfortunatly didnt buy from Fuel Moto so they wont help me. Dyna Jet dosent have a map for 255 cams. My bike runs strong. But it runs ruff around 2,000 rpms and lower.
Can anyone help me find a map for this? Im new to tuning fuel injected bikes! @ 67 im not sure i have the brain cells for this?! thanks

Old 08-05-2016, 04:10 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Are talking about the Target Tune?

A auto tuner will only tune to the current map. The target tune will give you the tools to dial in the map but if your not willing or able to learn the software and adjust it you will just be running a canned map.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Neil
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

To throw my hat into the ring, I went with a PC5 when I went with my FM 98" build. After having issues with trying to work with a PC3 on that setup, the PC5 with auto tune is the *****. That being said, I am now seeing some limits with the set up. My base map was ok, but the auto tune improved that. That only works based on what A/F ratios that auto tune is set to. I have played with A/F ratios to get better mileage etc... and things work great. Am I getting the best tune?? Not really sure. Love the way it runs!! Could it be better if a good dyno guy got their hands on it? Probably. For me so far, the auto tune has been money well spent. Planning on adding ported heads and expect the transition to be smooth without getting a dyno tune.

Long story short, I don't think you would be unhappy with the auto tune. My $.02.

Neil
RDMC

Quick Reply: Autotune?????