Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadking with 16" Apes, Fairing Search?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Roadking00
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patriot2500
I've got a Woody's fairing on my King with 16" Wild One apes. I had the bars installed before hand and didn't move them at all when I installed the fairing. Definitely contact Glenn and talk to him about your options. I am super happy with the product and it was well worth the money.
Thanks man, I actually emailed Glenn the other day and he got back to me right away with options to all my questions (seems like GREAT CS through him) So your bars were already pushed up slightly without the fairing and didnt have to move them back down at all huh ? Did you try putting your detachable windshield back on before ya got the fairing, mine is only about an inch or so from latching into place with the angle of my WO bars now so I was hoping it'll just make it with a Woody's ? Glenn said they do have a little room to wiggle but not much. I'm assuming your fairing is mounted with nuts and NOT a quick detach like the stock windshield right,but still pretty quick/simple to remove? What size shield from Glenn did ya go with since ya have 16's like I do?

Any chance ya have a few shots of the fairing on the bike from the side so I can see the angle your bars are at compared to mine maybe ?

Thanks again for the reply....

Old 03-10-2017, 05:38 AM
CalypsoNotch93
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadking00
Thanks man, I actually emailed Glenn the other day and he got back to me right away with options to all my questions (seems like GREAT CS through him) So your bars were already pushed up slightly without the fairing and didnt have to move them back down at all huh ? Did you try putting your detachable windshield back on before ya got the fairing, mine is only about an inch or so from latching into place with the angle of my WO bars now so I was hoping it'll just make it with a Woody's ? Glenn said they do have a little room to wiggle but not much. I'm assuming your fairing is mounted with nuts and NOT a quick detach like the stock windshield right,but still pretty quick/simple to remove? What size shield from Glenn did ya go with since ya have 16's like I do?

Any chance ya have a few shots of the fairing on the bike from the side so I can see the angle your bars are at compared to mine maybe ?

Thanks again for the reply....
bump.

going thru this now. I want a removable fairing but don't want to pull apes back. Need them straight up and down to be comfortable

Old 03-10-2017, 07:20 AM
scottbob99
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I have 16" bars on my Road King with a Reckless fairing. My bars are in line with the fork tubes right now. I could probably push the bars a little forward but not much.

Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Wraith04
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have 16" WO's with a Reckless fairing on my Road King, bars rolled slightly forward but could get several more inches if I didn't use a KW flare windshield.

Closest I have to a side shot

Old 03-10-2017, 07:41 PM
OKCBAGBOY
6th Gear

I'm not sure hoe to attach photos, Hopefully here is a few of pics of my road king. It is a Woody's fairing with 16" Carlini Gangsta Apes pushed as far forward as possible.

Attached Thumbnails Roadking with 16" Apes, Fairing Search?-img_5297.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:51 PM
OKCBAGBOY
6th Gear

Another pic

Attached Thumbnails Roadking with 16" Apes, Fairing Search?-img_5309.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:52 PM
OKCBAGBOY
6th Gear

Last one

Old 04-08-2019, 12:38 AM
shrekmoose
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Really bringing a thread back from the dead. I am tall and have super long arms. Running 18 inch apes and want a fairing something bad. Had to trim out quite a bit of my windshield to get in on for long highway runs but wanting a fairing for some tunes. Anybody had any luck with some of these fairing designs lately running standard bars that are vertical with the ground and a batwing fairing.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:23 AM
Jesse Burns
Stage II
Default Any luck with faring

Originally Posted by shrekmoose
Really bringing a thread back from the dead. I am tall and have super long arms. Running 18 inch apes and want a fairing something bad. Had to trim out quite a bit of my windshield to get in on for long highway runs but wanting a fairing for some tunes. Anybody had any luck with some of these fairing designs lately running standard bars that are vertical with the ground and a batwing fairing.
Any luck finding a faring with 18 inch apes??

Old 02-14-2022, 07:35 AM
ratsnest
Cruiser
Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts