Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Ohlins experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 05:03 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 898 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopper Man
How do I get hold of Howard? Looking at ohlins or legends for the front of my 14 SG. Would like to get more info and prices. Thnx
In addition to the contact info Galv posted above, mention you're a HD forum member for a slight discount.

You can read this on your own, but I'm typing this here...if you're looking for sugar coating, feel good salesman...Howard is NOT that guy.
Direct and to the point.

However...
I bought my Ohlins used off a friend trading their CVO road glide in, Howard was aware of this and took care of me like I was his original customer.
Went WAY above and beyond by calling me several times as he wanted to be sure I had them setup properly with his help.
Howard actually took the time to look up the original purchaser info to make sure the setup would work for me.

I'll never own anything else.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:04 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,148 Likes on 3,669 Posts

Howard sold me what I needed and helped me through the install. Extremely happy and so is Mrs Notgrownup. It’s so nice not to have to worry about airing up the shocks anymore. I have the base model ones and other than adjusting them when I go on multi day ride based on solo or 2 up, I have found a setting that works perfectly for me around here and for day rides .

Old 01-19-2021, 07:52 AM
Chopper Man
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Howard Messner, www.motorcyclemetal.com
Phone #: 1-954-848-1525
~Contact via e-Mail~
use my own e-Mail: howard@motorcyclemetal.com
http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/contact.html
thnx. I’ll get hold of him

Old 01-19-2021, 08:48 AM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought a set of 3-1 blackline from Howard. I gave him all the info and they came preset perfectly. Plus the 3-1 have over 3” travel and lower the bike slightly

Old 01-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Chopper Man
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dajogejr
In addition to the contact info Galv posted above, mention you're a HD forum member for a slight discount.

You can read this on your own, but I'm typing this here...if you're looking for sugar coating, feel good salesman...Howard is NOT that guy.
Direct and to the point.

However...
I bought my Ohlins used off a friend trading their CVO road glide in, Howard was aware of this and took care of me like I was his original customer.
Went WAY above and beyond by calling me several times as he wanted to be sure I had them setup properly with his help.
Howard actually took the time to look up the original purchaser info to make sure the setup would work for me.

I'll never own anything else.
thnx for the info. That’s what I’m looking for. I’m not the feel good kind of guy. Just want to know what I’m getting and to the pint is always better. Sent him an email already. Pretty sure I’m going with the Ohlin over the legend. Just want to make sure it’s what I’m looking for.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:19 PM
mlbraptor
Road Master
Received 2,291 Likes on 743 Posts

I'm thinking about doing the same thing..