Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I a yuppie?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Am I a yuppie?

This whole yuppie thing is pretty amusing. Bikers complain when they are stereotyped. Yet, we read bikers stereotyping other people. From what others wear (like it is any of our business) to comparing folks whoride Goldwings rather than Harleys. You gotta love the species.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Detro996
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

I wouldn't consider you a "yuppie" at all, in fact, you are as far away from being a Yuppie as it gets. To me the only "yuppies" that irritate me are the guys that have 2X the price of their bike invested in motor clothes. These guys have the Harley boots, socks, jeans, underwear, belt, Tshirt, jacket and vest(or both), doo rag, HD ear ring(s?), watch and sunglasses and they are wearing it all at 1 time. The same dude will have a HD F250 with 5 Harley stickers on the rear window and the Harley tag on the front bumper. His bike will not only be his 1st Harley but it will probably be his 1st bike and it will have less miles than the demo bike on the showroom floor. It will be clean though.
and he won't know how to counter steer and his back brake will be his primary means of stopping. His rides will consist mainly of destinations not more than 10 miles forhis house. Primarily bike nights. LOL

Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Detro996
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

I These guys have the Harley boots, socks, jeans, underwear, belt, Tshirt, jacket and vest(or both), doo rag, HD ear ring(s?), watch and sunglasses and they are wearing it all at 1 time.
I call this the pirate look

Old 05-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Cowracer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MotorSgt

I here you guys complaining about yuppies and other guys riding harleys at the different events. It made me wonder what category I fall into and what yall say when you see me cruise on by. Im a 26 year old vet with three overseas deployments two of which were in iraq riding a RKCustom all blacked out. Im a beach bum by nature so I always ride wearing my board shorts and some skate shoes with a t-shirt. I dont use the nice travel luggage I normally load up my ruck sack and cinch it down to my sissy bar. What the heck category is that?
Motorcyclist.

Tim

Old 05-18-2007, 12:52 PM
cavedog
Tourer

You are the kinda guy that does it the way it should be done. Thanks for the service.[sm=deal.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I here you guys complaining about yuppies and other guys riding harleys at the different events. It made me wonder what category I fall into and what yall say when you see me cruise on by. Im a 26 year old vet with three overseas deployments two of which were in iraq riding a RKCustom all blacked out. Im a beach bum by nature so I always ride wearing my board shorts and some skate shoes with a t-shirt. I dont use the nice travel luggage I normally load up my ruck sack and cinch it down to my sissy bar. What the heck category is that?
Id say you were a cut above a yup, but board shorts and skate shoes will give you the "look" of a RUB! LOL I wouldnt worry about being "named" by those that don't count. Thanks for fighting for our freedom!

Old 05-18-2007, 02:28 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

MotorSgt;

"Once youbuy the bike...everything after that is a fashion statement."I don't know who said it, but it's true.

Live life and enjoy it, you've earned the right and don't let anybody tell you any different. God bless.

ScooterJammer

Old 05-18-2007, 02:49 PM
medic1121
6th Gear

I'm supposed to go back to the box in Nov, don't suppose there's a H-D of Baghdad opening soon?

Old 05-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Floridafred
Cruiser

I don't agree with trying to put people into categories. That is other than the two main categories. 1. Stupid and 2. Not stupid. I think Popeye said it best. " I yam what I yam!"
Thanks for your service.
Fred

Old 05-18-2007, 04:18 PM
robbitybob
Advanced

The way I figure it you can be a Yuppie if that's what you want to be - you earned that. I served in the ASA back at the end of Vietnam and I sure hope we Americans treat you guys better than we got. I'm going to try to make sure of that - at least from my end. Thanks for serving so I can sleep at night and so I can go to church when I want and so my kids can choose the career they want. Thanks for keeping my freedom - even though it cost you. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Am I a yuppie?