Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I a yuppie?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Am I a yuppie?

In my vocabulary...yuppie and Vet, or yuppy and hero, or yuppie and honorable don't go in the same sentence. That being said we both and many others served and are are serving so there can be yuppies. You my friend are not a yuppie...unless you want to be. Dave

Old 05-18-2007, 03:11 AM
SMT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No hate intended...but who the F&$K cares? You are your own man, do what you wanna do and be who you wanna be. The day I start caring what a bunch of people on a web thread think is the day I'll run full throttle into a concrete abutment.[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 AM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i could give a rats **** who and what people think... i wear what i want, listen to music i want, just bought fxrg boots, and the most comfortable leather jacket ive ever owned from a dealer...im finding that SOME Harley clothing is pretty nice..... not to mention i just added up my miles on a scoot.. minimum of a 1/4 million miles...

i belong to the local AMVETS and our post is going to be the charter for AMVETS riders for Pa... when im with them ill be wearing our patches...

to sum it up.... i have a sticker being made for the back of my helmet..... FREEDOM...... (in red/white/blue) and just below in smaller white letters
aint it cool

enjoy your ride...as stated above.. you got a beer sitting here in Pa if your ever through....

Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

ORIGINAL: hotpursuit

to sum it up.... i have a sticker being made for the back of my helmet..... FREEDOM...... (in red/white/blue) and just below in smaller white letters
aint it cool
not to hijack this thread, but you should have extras of those stickers made up. i'm sure you could sell them, heck, i'd buy one

motorsgt, thanks for your service. i just retired after 21 years myself. i don't know that i'd call you a yuppie, but i probably would recommend a little more coverage (btw, i'm a surf bum myself). if i understand your post correctly, you got to ride in iraq? now thats cool!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:31 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

HEY MotorSGT! I just wanna know what friggin detachement you were with that let you ride around on a Road-King for not 1, but 2 of you 3 deployments!!!! Sheesh the the service sure has gotten soft since I was in the Corps Semper-Fi (USMC 1977-1994)

Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 AM
MotorSgt
Tourer

No no I never got to ride in Iraq. However the first time I was in iraq I did see some sportsters owned by some british soldiers down at the airbase is basra. I dont know how they got them but the brits are riding harleys down in south iraq.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 AM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer

So is a Yuppie and R.U.B. the same thing?

I get mistaken for a Yuppie/RUB or whatever the F*ck else sometimes when I'm off the scooter and standingnext to it. Yep.. I keep her clean as a whistle and she looks good with a lot of the extra goodies. That "perception" always dissappear when people ask about the bike and realize I actually ride the bike, work on her myselfand it's not just for looks. ....and if they see me leave, I'll bust a nice U -turn with both feet on the boards and say "...try that?" 9 times out of 10, I ride more than theso called hard core wannabees.To me, it's not about being a yuppie or RUB, it's a matter of riding what you want, when you want and doingwhat the hell you want.

I have a problem with the guys/gals who portray to be something they are not. The wannabee hardcore person whowants to portray a HARD image when it's all bullshit. They are the ones who ride in groups attempting to act bad, frown if youdon't havea nice "purty" leather vest on, if you are not wearing Harley gear, walking aroundlooking like aHolloween clown,walking on their toes when riding slow through a parking lot, can't ride to save their lives because they only ride to and from the local bike shows,have only 3k miles on their bikeafter a year and live in Florida!!!!However,those who are themselves and are not trying to follow a myth of being a Bad *** Biker, this rounds on me Bro! Your attitude or passion should not changejust because you ride a Harley.

A scooter is a scooter..... it's the passion of riding that counts along with the passion of customizing your scooter to your own taste.

Ride it like you stole it!

I wear the harley shirts also however, I buyin the states and or the countries that I actually RIDE and not everyplace I visit unlessit's a gift.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:17 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"What the heck category is that?" AnAmerica. Thanks for the service.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

what's-a-mater, couldn't get enough sand? so you hang out around it now? welcome back and thank you!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
ECM
Intermediate

Yes you're a yuppie, everyone is a yuppie to someone. There is always going to be another biker who considers themself more "hardcore" than you and will lable you a yuppie. Remember that the next time you're calling someone a yuppie or a RUB while dismounting your Road King that there might be a guy on a beat-up panhead behind you calling you the same thing.

Quick Reply: Am I a yuppie?