Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by giacomo56
Terrible set up......had them quickly removed them. Buy yourself an iPod with noise cancelling ear plugs best use of your $400 bucks.
Yes this!

However, I have a $50 Ipod Nano which I can control through my jacket when in the front chest pocket, and a surprisingly good pair of $9 Panasonic ear plugs. Doesn't have to be expensive, so I always carry backups with me.

Amazon.com: Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-K (Black) Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, No Mic, Best for iPhone: Electronics Amazon.com: Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-K (Black) Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, No Mic, Best for iPhone: Electronics

Last edited by Pumba11; 05-24-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Seafus
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I heard these systems from Uniq Cycle Sounds are amazing. Anybody have 'em?

https://www.uniqcyclesounds.com/coll...cycle-speakers

I just ordered these last week. My buddy had them on a Raider a few years back with no shield and short pipes and they sounded good at speed. Been going the earbud route for years now, but hate the disconnected feeling with my ears plugged. However, I'm not a fan of the look of speakers on the bars either. Going to attempt an engine guard application and see how it goes.
We'll see..

Old 05-26-2016, 01:27 PM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Seafus
I just ordered these last week. My buddy had them on a Raider a few years back with no shield and short pipes and they sounded good at speed. Been going the earbud route for years now, but hate the disconnected feeling with my ears plugged. However, I'm not a fan of the look of speakers on the bars either. Going to attempt an engine guard application and see how it goes.
We'll see..
I had these on my Dyna and thought they were wonderful - for what they were. They are 4" speakers - you're only going to get so much out of them. But they played loud and a decent amount of bass for such little speaks. I did have the premium system.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:17 PM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Many handlebar speaker systems don't look too good but IMO these look pretty good on a classic looking bike like an RKC. The link below is to a post of mine after I added the Shark (SHKLXMT485) system to my RKC.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post14522944

The speakers sound good and can be heard up to about 75-80mph and with ear plugs in your ears you can hear the music over your exhaust and I have fishtails and they're LOUD! I like the set so much that I am also going with it for my DLX as the look of the speakers remind me of a old 1940's era microphone or plane engine. And you can find them in black on eBay for $115. Chrome are a little more but still well worth it IMO.

I also have a Dead Center Cycles fairing with a Sony head unit but that's only a part-time resident on the bike. Therefore, another feature of this system is that the speakers can stay (mounted the way I have them on my RKC bars) even with the fairing on it. You can't use both but it's cool to have music on the bike even when the fairing's off.

The HD windshield Boom system is also very good and IMO looks about as good as any other system can look if you're willing to give up a windshield bag to have it. I wasn't so I went with these.

Good Luck!

Last edited by xmen9c; 06-15-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:08 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by meangreen02
SHARPSHOOTER what seat is that I like it?
2015 streetglide CVO seat.. Its as comfy as it looks too