Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Tombadski
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a Bluetooth set up with speakers in my bags and it sounds like a live concert up to about 80 mph! Nothing else compares! 600 watts of power!

Old 05-11-2016, 06:11 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,666 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Two things I'm looking at, mostly because I don't like the looks of most handlebar mounted speakers, or their sound quality.

JBL Clip+ bluetooth speaker. I've already a fair bit of experience with this unit, as my wife has one and uses it daily. It sounds good, is loud enough to cover the whole house, lasts many hours on a charge. All I'd need is a ring to hang it from the handlebar. I just haven't borrowed hers to try it on the bike.

UE Roll. Similar to the Clip, but uses an elastic strap which could make it even easier to mount to the bike. The JBL is splash proof, the UE is supposedly waterproof. Not that I tend to go riding in downpours these days. I've never heard the UE, though the reviews are good. Its sell price is nearly double the JBL.

Both require a cell phone to be the main unit. Both would require a power cord for all day playing.

Neither is a stereo signal, mono only. But on a bike, that is a moot point imo.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a UE Roll, I'm sure it wont cut it on the bike. Also have the UE Boom 2, They may work but I wanted something more permanent that doesn't need charging. Just ordered 2 sets of Uniqcyclesounds Touring units for both wife's and my bikes. I've compared several and liked these the best. Currently have some Rumble Road speakers (50w internal amp) on my RK, OK around town but that's it. The Uniq are 400 w, and they also offer a 600 w system with 4 speakers.

Tried out my buddy's Bose active noise cancelling earbuds last summer and I have to say....nice, very nice....and very pricy ($300). They need to be shielded from any wind buffeting but overall very impressed. May try some cheapo units.

Pic of Rumble Roads...Uniq are the same.

Last edited by Razorback; 05-11-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Bulletmx
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
I've heard people say this one is pretty good. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-08-7632109--1
I have this on my Road King. I was skeptical about how it would sound but I was very impressed. It really gets pretty loud and clear. Looks very slick and doesn't really stand out like the handlebar speakers do. I was able to keep the wiring pretty simple. Looks factory and the windshield is still removable. I have an iPod I connect to it and also use my iPhone to stream music sometimes. IMHO this setup is a little overpriced (like all Harley stuff) but actually worth the money.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:04 AM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts
Default sp

I tried the ear buds and the HD windshield mounted stereo. Each had their pros and cons. Ear buds apparently are illegal in some states. Windshield stereo IMO was ugly. Went with a Reckless Fairing with an Infiniti Stereo. Works good to about 75 MPH. I only have 2 5 1/4" speakers though. It looks somewhat stock. Would no doubt be better with an amp. On and off the in the same manner and same time as a Windshield. About what I had invested in the other 2 systems combined. Should have went with it in the first place. My preference would have been a Woody's Fairing because his quality is better and he's excellent to deal with. However I'm very satisfied with my fairing and it was about $750 US.

Last edited by RevBlk; 05-12-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Bulletmx
Advanced

I really don't think the windshield mounted speakers look too bad.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:02 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 652 Likes on 455 Posts

Or this new Bluetooth soundbar from Kuryakyn.....

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/506...-bar-by-mtx174

Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Bulletmx -

Speaker setup in post 16 above looks clean.

How well does that one sound?

Was there much fiddlin' around with wiring to get it working?

Old 05-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Bulletmx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fishrrman
Bulletmx - Speaker setup in post 16 above looks clean. How well does that one sound? Was there much fiddlin' around with wiring to get it working?
I was surprised how good it actually sounded. I wasn't expecting all that much but it gets very loud and stays pretty clear. I can hear the music fine at highway speed.

The wiring took a bit of work to keep it as clean as possible. The system has a small amplifier that mounts down on the frame. I have the harness run into the headlight bucket. Really not bad. There is a plug on the windshield side so the system comes off easily with the windshield.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:13 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

I have the boom 2 audio on my cvo it has one of the best sound systems I have ever heard. 600w I still prefer the headset in my helmet on the hwy and find myself turning the volume down if I don't have the headset on any time I get to freeway speed. If it was me in your situation I would do the earbuds! Just my 2cents

Quick Reply: Handlebar speakers