Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bakers attitude install

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Jim NT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bakers attitude install

Just placed an order for a Bakers attitude tensioner in hopes it will help with my clanking primary. Can someone tell me if it's difficult to install, I thought I read you can install it without removing the chain, but I can't find the post.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:41 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim NT
Just placed an order for a Bakers attitude tensioner in hopes it will help with my clanking primary. Can someone tell me if it's difficult to install, I thought I read you can install it without removing the chain, but I can't find the post.
On my '15 Limited Low, I didn't have to remove the chain, but did have to remove the comp bolt & slide things outwards to get room to slip the adjuster behind the chain.

Maybe it has changed since.... I did it a year ago.

If you do have to remove the bolt, best to buy a new one, they're only like $5 at the dealer & have the dry thread sealer on them. You'll also need a T-70 Torx bit, and some way of locking the comp/chain from turning...
Amazon.com: Harley Davidson Primary Drive Locking Bar Tool Late 6 Speed 5.95 Inch: Automotive Amazon.com: Harley Davidson Primary Drive Locking Bar Tool Late 6 Speed 5.95 Inch: Automotive

It's not a big job, but that comp bolt is ON THERE lol. I used a long breaker bar, some say they use heat to melt the loctite.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

The following users liked this post:
Jim NT (05-07-2016)