Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Classic vs Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016 | 02:16 AM
JoeAverage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by billnourse
Limited has heated grips. I use them a lot. CB radio, couldn't be without it anymore. Luggage rack on tour pack. Everyone that travels ends up with one. Chrome wheels that look nicer and are easier to care for. Cooled heads. Don't know how much of a + this is, but I guess it can't hurt. Nicer looking gauges. Painted inner fairing. Is it all worth the higher price?? To me it was.

Bill
+1 on the heated grips and the Limited's features but do you really use that CB? I can never find anyone on there, even channel 19.

Old 05-12-2016 | 07:54 AM
Kerr8005
Cruiser

If I were to buy another Ultra, I would go with the Limited. Granted I bought a used '12, but could add the heated grips and chrome if I want. I've already ditched the stock radio, never once used the CB.

Good luck with your choice!

Old 05-12-2016 | 08:23 AM
CdnArmyGuy
Cruiser

That's the only thing is the CB is long gone. My BinL drives truck and now he uses his cell. Most have cell phones, wish, HD would have taken that and offered another item. IE HWY Pegs, fairing bag, etc. What would people prefer.

Old 05-12-2016 | 12:49 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy

I Just bought a limited. I was looking at the classic. Figured why not get all the toys while I was at it. WIll help resale. But I also know that the extra cost isnt good for everyone. Trading my Goldwing paid off 1/2 the Limited. I probably wouldnt have do it otherwise.

Ive only had the LImited for about 2 weeks. It is nice listening to the CB. Trucker talk about cops, traps and accidents.

Old 05-13-2016 | 08:39 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

Many in the group I ride with have CB's and we communicate a lot on rides. My wife also has one on her TriGlide, so we use them all the time on trips.

I am not interested in talking to or listening to strangers BS, but I do like communicating with the people I am riding with.

Bill

Old 05-14-2016 | 06:06 PM
JoeAverage
Cruiser

I'd go with the Limited. The liquid assisted cooling is the new engineering wave with Harley and I'm sure will be standard on most of their bikes soon. With the engine running so much cooler you won't need to be taking off your lowers. Was 99 degrees here yesterday and I rode for a few hours. No problems with engine heat. The catalytic converter gets a little toasty but if you open up the vents on the lowers it gives it a nice air flow and blows catalytic heat back.

Old 05-15-2016 | 06:48 AM
jh2pizza
Cruiser

I like the 2015 Limited. The lowers cannot be removed, but with the cooled heads, I never find myself thinking I want to remove my lowers like I did on the 2011. I thought the idea of headed grips is nice. I use them all the time. The second my hands start to feel the slightest bit cramped, I turn them on and Im ready to keep going another cpl of hours. the lighting is much better on the 2015. Not sure if the if the classics have the better headlights and running lights.

I like the Wheels, better audio system.

Cons - I lost my locking lowers storage. I cant put lowers speakers in any longer.

Old 05-15-2016 | 08:06 AM
brewdog
Road Captain

I would buy the Ultra now. Stuck with the water cooled heads, can't remove the lowers. I don't use the heated grips anyway. I don't care for the Rushmore touch screen, and the vent package. Just my opinion. The extra $ for the limited now isn't worth it to me. The water cooled heads don't do **** for the horse power and torque.

Old 05-15-2016 | 09:18 AM
mstrobes
Road Master

Originally Posted by brewdog
I would buy the Ultra now. Stuck with the water cooled heads, can't remove the lowers. I don't use the heated grips anyway. I don't care for the Rushmore touch screen, and the vent package. Just my opinion. The extra $ for the limited now isn't worth it to me. The water cooled heads don't do **** for the horse power and torque.
Water cooled heads 10:01 compression compared to 9.7:1 non water cooled
Limited more torque and horse power runs cooler
Limited

Old 05-15-2016 | 10:29 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by brewdog
That's where your wrong...

Quick Reply: Ultra Classic vs Ultra Limited