Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Classic vs Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016 | 05:55 AM
surveybob
Intermediate

I hate to admit it but the only reason I went with the Limited was the Classic didn't come in the color I wanted. Now that I have it and have gained more info I am really happy I went with the Limited.

Old 05-10-2016 | 07:42 AM
slowrollin
Road Master

I bought the Limited. Just depends on what you are going to do with it. Do you need heated grips and a CB? I use mine often. Do you need the twin cooled heads? Mine by runs a tad cooler than my Road Glide Ultra did, but it still gets damned hot. Make no mistake about that. You can get the 6.5 audio on either. I think you can get ABS on either too if you want that. Some guys hate it. I personally like it. If you think you might want to take those fairing lowers off, you only have one choice.

Old 05-10-2016 | 07:48 AM
Cobra1
Road Warrior
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by surveybob
I hate to admit it but the only reason I went with the Limited was the Classic didn't come in the color I wanted.
Same reason here. I wanted a specific color and it came on the Limited. I guess I'm a shallow person. Love the bike though. Best one I have ever owned.

Old 05-10-2016 | 09:03 AM
sixgun95
Tourer

I get the removing lowers, I live in AZ, ride year round and never felt the desire to remove the lowers. With the water cooling, new exhaust, good tune - bike runs cooler than if the lowers were off and there was no water cooling. 2 yrs, no issues. Limited is worth is few extra $ IMO. Hell just the painted inner fairing makes a huge difference.

Old 05-10-2016 | 09:07 AM
slowrollin
Road Master

Just want to add something to what I told you before. When I had my 2011 RGU, I added heated grips, a 12volt charger port in the Tour Pak, painted the inner fairing, luggage rack, etc... Ended up being outfitted like a Limited, but I know it cost me more after the fact. I also made the lowers detachable, but hardly ever rode without them. Most guys I know try to buy less bike and then over time end up adding everything they didn't get. Unless you by the parts cheap and do all of the work yourself, it ends up costing more in the long run. By the way, I bought the Limited cause I hate the new RGU. Should have put the old handlebars on that nice new fairing. Heated grips are nice too. Riding here in Jersey, I still need to use them in the morning sometimes

Old 05-10-2016 | 01:59 PM
mbranscum
Advanced

Limited all the way:

Standard items on the Limited-

Heated grips
CB Radio
Luggage rack
ABS/Security
6.5 Radio
Chrome wheels
Water cooled heads (My wife says it's noticeably cooler than the 2013)

You CAN get some or most of these on a regular Ultra but they are add on and do cost extra.

For the price difference, it's well worth the little amount extra that it will cost and you will be happy you did it.

PLUS resale will be better should you decide to sell.

Old 05-10-2016 | 02:55 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mbranscum
Limited all the way:

Standard items on the Limited-

Heated grips
CB Radio
Luggage rack
ABS/Security
6.5 Radio
Chrome wheels
Water cooled heads (My wife says it's noticeably cooler than the 2013)
No chrome wheels on my '14 Limited, but they are a lot nicer than a stock Ultra Classic. Chrome goes on CVO's now.

Old 05-10-2016 | 07:07 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
No chrome wheels on my '14 Limited, but they are a lot nicer than a stock Ultra Classic. Chrome goes on CVO's now.
The limited has a black and chrome wheel. Not a complete chrome rim.

In addition to better looking than an Ultra wheel, it's easier to clean. That alone gets my vote.

Old 05-10-2016 | 07:31 PM
BigUglyMan
Tourer

I rented a Road Glide Ultra when I was in Florida last week. Aside from the fact that the bike doesn't really fit someone of my stature (6'5" 260 lbs) I was pretty impressed. I would have sworn that I would never want a radio or Nav on a bike. Not so.

Now how am I going to pick on the Fugly riders anymore?

Last edited by BigUglyMan; 05-14-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2016 | 06:19 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member

Limited !. Bought an Ultra and converted it into CVO the way I wanted. A lot of $$$ involved so if I had to start all over again...Would go for the Limited and spend less than what I spend on my Ultra. Only thing I do not like the Limited is the 2 tone paint set-up.

Thorey

Quick Reply: Ultra Classic vs Ultra Limited