Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let me see those solo seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Knuckelhead
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I did consider letting the card company battle it out. However as corbin did offer to correct the situation (by the end of the summer) - I doubt there would be much to my case.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:38 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,208 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Knuckelhead
I did consider letting the card company battle it out. However as corbin did offer to correct the situation (by the end of the summer) - I doubt there would be much to my case.
Well, after reading your experience, I'm feeling less enthusiastic about my choice.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad I didn't choose Corbin for my new seat, hate reading what you're dealing with..

Old 05-21-2016, 12:47 AM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ramx50
Please post some close up pics and more info on your back rest setup. Is that a quick release set up? I need a quick release set up for my solo seat on my 11 SG. Thanks
CHeck out this post

Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 AM
HD Mojo
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Knuckelhead
Well....like almost every first-time corbin owner - I'll never buy another. All of the drama when I ordered (see previous posts in this thread) was foreshadowing of what was yet to come.
Seat arrived with the incorrect studs (ordered black to match the factory setup). So I called and instead of the pleasant CSR I spoke with earlier, I got *********** Darrel (CMD). After I explained the situation, CMD was rather arrogant and said that I must not have ordered black studs. When I asked him to read the sales order line by line, and the phrase 'black studs' came out of his mouth he immediate says "So what do you want to do then? We'll probably need to make a new cover, so you'll be 10-12 weeks out". Back and forth conversation commences. As I was getting no where, I tell him that I want to return the seat for a refund. Well CMD informs me that they don't issue refunds - as apparently they're never wrong.
I ask if they can make a new seat, and when that one is ready - I'll return this one. CMD says 'no way - how would we know that you'd mail this one back?'. Shitty attitude...but I can see the point.
I then offer to have them charge my card for the new seat, and agree to a refund when I return the old one. Nope, not possible apparently.
So given the option of either keeping what I have - or waiting until mid-August to get what I had really ordered...The studs are less important.

So without further adieu, here's the bitter sweet pics:

Sorry to hear about your problems. But, that is one good looking seat. What is the top seating material? Bomber jacket?

I hope it is as comfortable as my Corbin solo.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:12 AM
slick813
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't rode all those other seats, but the police air ride seat is pretty comfy, I like it better than my Heated Hammock that's on my CVO, but nothing really compares to an old fashioned pogo buddy seat.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:00 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Corbin's poor customer service reputation is the reason I ordered a C&C. No complaints with C&C, great seat and great customer service.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:34 AM
DALE#3
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
Corbin's poor customer service reputation is the reason I ordered a C&C. No complaints with C&C, great seat and great customer service.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:48 AM
BKSinAZ
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My new C&C

Let me see those solo seats-solo.jpg

Let me see those solo seats-solo2.jpg

Old 05-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a Brawler on my RK. I also have the stock seat and a Sundowner (with a Mustang backrest)

The Brawler isn't comfortable but it just looks awesome and give me a ton more room. Everywhere.

It takes less than 5 minutes to go from the Brawler to the Sundowner with rider and passenger backrests

Quick Reply: Let me see those solo seats