Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-Ons and MoCo download

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
strongisland
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rush Slip-Ons and MoCo download

Ready to pull the trigger on a set of Rush pipes and the dealer is suggesting I get the Mo Co. download for the ECM adjustment. Through reading the board I've heard some not so good things about this fuel management process and some ok things. I'm also leaning towards the Power Commander. I would like to herar from those who have had either one. The pros and cons of each and/or whats a nice setup to go with the Rush pipes cause I really like how they sound. The download is $150.00 and the PC is $350+. I must admit there is a substantial difference in price comparing the two but the extra bucks are worth it for the sake of a "Good setup", but if the download will safice then thats something to consider as well.

Thanks,
Tony

Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Rush Slip-Ons and MoCo download

PC and a qualified dyno tune is my suggestion. That will enable you to grow with future mods and dial it in for best performance.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with a SERT and rush 2.0 and screamin eagle AC, I did it myself and with the money I saved doing the wrenching, it was the same price as I paid for Rush 2.0 sreamin eagle AC and a down load and letting the dealer do it on my Heritage. And it is not hard to do at all.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're just looking for good sound, you can usually get by with Rush2" & smaller without a ECM download. I've seen a few2" that have needed the download, but not many. Mine does fine with 2" in stock trim w/o any ECM mods, so unless you're going bigger than 2.0 then I'd try it first before spending the $$$ on other mods.

Over 2" is just about guaranteed to need an ECM download.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it will depend on what bike you have. If you have a new 07 then I would at least get the download. If you have no plans to go into the motor for cams or head work then go ahead and get the SE air cleaner and a V&H fuelpak to go with the rush slip on's. If you do plan on motor work then skip the Fuelpak and go straight for the SERT or PCIII. The new bikes run so hot from the factory that you need something to cool them down. My bike runs about 20 deg cooler than a friends stock 07 since I added the slip-on's, A/C, and fuelpak.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 AM
fd2430
Advanced

I've gone thru a few changes with my scoot the past week & have finally got what I want. Ended up with Rush 2", SERT, K&N & Dyno last week. I tried the 2.5" but had way too much decel pop. The 2" is the way to go. I decided on the SERT just becasue I plan on doing some engine modifing after the riding season. Money well spent for me. The bike performs better & the numbers from the Dyno reflect it. Good luck with your choice!

Old 05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
strongisland
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry. I forgot to mention that I have an 07 SG, 03/07 build date. I'm starting to lean towards the PClll. Anyone having success with this setup?

Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

ORIGINAL: strongisland

The download is $150.00 and the PC is $350+. I must admit there is a substantial difference in price comparing the two but the extra bucks are worth it for the sake of a "Good setup", but if the download will safice then thats something to consider as well.

Thanks,
Tony
wrong. the pciii will run you around 290 shipped from fuelmoto. so that makes your price difference even less.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech2
Tourer

I have slip-ons, air cleaner, and download on my 06 FLHX. My bike pops a bit on deceleration but runs fine/strong. Personally, I wouldn't put a PCIII on my bike. It merely intercepts and changes the signals to/from the PCM. I would stick with the download unless you plan on getting any future engine mods, inwhich case I would get a SERT. If I were merely choosing between a PCIII and a SERT, I would definitely go with the SERT.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Todd T
Tourer

I have the Rush 1.75" slip ons, SE air cleaner and tuner kit on my new 07 RKC and for me it's perfect. I told the parts man I wanted a medium sound level and its spot on.